FEDERAL LAW SAYS YES !!! And now State Law too ? Yes !!!!

hey any chance you can link me to that federal law? as ohio has no specific laws but the cops up here can be D***'s on occasion and im not one hundred percent on this but i thought federal law superseded state law? but any ways with no specefic laws on mb's they would be forced to abide by federal law.....i think...

Federal Law _does_ supercede State Law...

But, in this case, Federal Law clearly has to do with an electric motorized bicycle. So if you're not riding an e-bike... this law has nothing to do with you.

If you truly want to RIDE FREE on an MB... you could look into Michael Badnarik's Constitution Class (youtube) and Robert Menard's methods to getting around government deception ( http://www.worldfreemansociety.org/site/ThinkFree.html ; watch 'em all in order on that page for maximum effectiveness!)... and I can assure you, you will never fear The Man again.

First, federal law does not always supercede state law. Takes too long to explain, but not always.

Second, this law is not only about electric, but deals only with what may be sold. It says nothing about what can be operated on a given road or street. That is a state law issue.

I have explained it many times...don't have time to do it again, I have to leave to teach a law school class....which I am qualified to do based on a doctorate in law and 12 years of practicing law....not youtube.

Ohio DOES have MB laws on the book. But, they're a pain. 1HP max, MB capable of no more than 20MPH max. Highway patrol would have to inspect home built bike first, in order to get a title. (Brakes, lights, engine size, etc.) You need to be able to provide invoices for all major components of the bike.

Check the legislation listing, pp 27 (and continued to the next page)

Last edited:
First, federal law does not always supercede state law. Takes too long to explain, but not always.

Second, this law is not only about electric, but deals only with what may be sold. It says nothing about what can be operated on a given road or street. That is a state law issue.

I have explained it many times...don't have time to do it again, I have to leave to teach a law school class....which I am qualified to do based on a doctorate in law and 12 years of practicing law....not youtube.

I'll try to explain it as best as I know.
The fed ebike law is just that about electrc bikes. It is about GENERIC information concerning safety guidelines in MANUFACTURING of SPECIFICALLY E-bikes.

Federal laws are meant as guidelines for when dealing with situations that would effect all states. EX: obviously if you want to build an ebike as a manufacturer, you would have to have it configred in a way that would make it safe at a minimum. Since you would want to sell it in as many states as you could, you need to follow the minimum guidelines that the fed requires.

This does not, I repeat, does NOT have ANYTHING to do with state laws concerning the legality of what they ( the states ) decide they want travelling on their roads as a uniform standard. Each municipality can also decide what they want to allow or disallow.

I hope this clears it ups bit.

I don't know what the exact law is here (Hunt county TX:D), but the local cops are awesome. I was pulled off the road, testing a headlight by aiming at some stuff and adjusting, and they stopped to see if I had wrecked or anything. They were really nice. They wave sometimes when they pass on the road.
(48cc grubee beach cruiser, 30mph)

He was coming towards me from the opposite direction. I shut down my engine 20 feet before he passed me. I was peddling when he passed me.
He was an $%#&%.

Frankly, I'm ashamed, Hough.

Federal law ALWAYS supercedes state law. The only trick comes down to convincing the State's "agents" that you're right.

So you show them this...
Article VI - Debts, Supremacy, Oaths

All Debts contracted and Engagements entered into, before the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation.

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.

You read it yourself. The judges in EVERY state shall be bound by the Supreme Law of the Land.

They took an oath. Ask the judge if would pledge his oath, for a reminder of the only thing that makes this country great. If he won't pledge it... tell him that you'll pledge it for him.

You are part of "We the People". You are NOT bound by the Constitution. Only gov't agents are bound by the Constitution!!

Well... if you're a member of the American Bar Association, then yes... you're bound by statutes, just like the gov't agents.

Hough, you should take Michael Badnarik's Constitution Class since you're obviously not getting the intent of the document. Perhaps you could come up with some questions for Badnarik, because I am going to meet him very soon. Any question whatsoever... I'll ask him for you.

My first question for him is gonna be... "If others here don't know, you've been titled, 'the most famous American that travels in a vehicle without a driver's license'. How can the rest of us here step out of the Matrix, like you have?"

Badnarik is a testament to Freemen in America. He isn't some YouTube hoax. he's the real deal. You can see him in person if you'd really like. Might be the most inspirational event of your life.

Frankly, I'm ashamed, Hough.

Federal law ALWAYS supercedes state law.....

So why does California get away with having more strict emission laws than the rest of the states?

Why is it the new federal health care bill mandates that insurers let parents keep their slacker kids as dependents until age 26 - yet some states have ALREADY forced insurers to give family coverage to over-age dependents up to age 30. Does this mean that the new federal law trumps the state mandates? I don't think so.

BTW - your signature shows your ignorance.

Republican Playbook 2010

Step 1: Say No
Step 2: Blame Obama
Step 3: Offer to lower taxes
Step 4: Back to 1

So what's the Democrat playbook?

Step 1: Offer free stuff for slackers and illegals
Step 2: Blame Bush for everything wrong on the planet
Step 3: Promise to tax the rich to pay for all the "free stuff"
Step 4: Use the word "crisis" as an excuse for spending more money
Step 5: Back to 1

Last edited:
Hah... Gh0stRider, your bitterness feels strong... like the spirit of a long lost brother. :geek:

Perhaps you could try watching Badnarik's Constitution Class, and he will tell you the difference between an extra-constitutional law and (err.. I think it was) a supra-constitutional law?

Answers are all around if you really want. The biggest is the Constitution, tho. If everybody READ IT and USED IT. The government would be powerless if everybody just stood up for their rights. All the power we need to free ourselves is in the Constitution.

I pray to God now that the Founders came back and put the Bill of Rights in there. Geniuses. You guys should read it A FEW times, and maybe it'll sink in.

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html

Bitter? Hardly! I'm having so much fun with life that I sometimes feel I must be doing something illegal. You are the one who is bitter. Why would you have that politically charged signature? After all, your guy won the election and he "fundamentally transforming" this nation - just like he promised. You should be happy instead of whining about republicans, who have no power at all. The dems can do anything they want, and they have.

Back