FEDERAL LAW SAYS YES !!! And now State Law too ? Yes !!!!

It's the pedal bikers that give me grief more than the cops. This all mighty biker tried telling me I couldn't ride on the bike trail as I passed him. He was like "YOU CAN'T" That's all I heard.
I'd like to be in front of him one day in the middle of the street riding my bike. Let's see what he says then.
Cops just wave at me. The cops I meet seems to understand.
Colorado law states that dude's right. But most don't mind.

Thats really funny but as long as you're not being reckless or riding dangerously I don't see what the problem of using bike paths is. They were put there so people walking and biking dont have to risk their lives on congested roads and highways. I don't think anybody in their right mind would force you to use the dangerous street you were previously posting about I just think the pedal pusher didn't like the fact that you passed him on "his" turf. If your engine was wimpy and he passed you easily I'm sure his attitude would have been the opposite. I betcha he was squaking about it all day though.

Laws

Laws I only have gotten California.ANd it stated that the KW conversion of a motor powered vehicle would only be liscenceable over 49cc.Personal craft or something to this nature.and didnt say the pedals had to work or anything about pedals.

City hall dont acknowledge Federal Laws

I talk to my local city attorney they say they dont honor federal laws can they do this? Isnt that violating the constitutuion?

Thats really funny but as long as you're not being reckless or riding dangerously I don't see what the problem of using bike paths is. They were put there so people walking and biking dont have to risk their lives on congested roads and highways. I don't think anybody in their right mind would force you to use the dangerous street you were previously posting about I just think the pedal pusher didn't like the fact that you passed him on "his" turf. If your engine was wimpy and he passed you easily I'm sure his attitude would have been the opposite. I betcha he was squaking about it all day though.

He was coming towards me from the opposite direction. I shut down my engine 20 feet before he passed me. I was peddling when he passed me.
He was an $%#&%.

On the bike paths around here, it *specifically* states "no motorized bicycles". I have witnessed electric bikes tooling around, but they're silent and probably don't attract attention. Honestly, I understand why they don't want them there, mostly due to perceived speed. However, as a regular bicyclist, I can easily achieve over 20mph solely by pedaling, and that's on a not-so-great (not modern) road bike. I personally don't bust people's chops when I see them riding with motors, because it's not my job and I personally don't care - especially if they're far and away down the path from everyone. I don't think even $5/gal. gas would change the laws. We're resigned to ride on the streets in California.

It's just a matter of time. As we grow and grow,more and more commuters will complain about us hogging their roads and will eventually lead to two scenarios. The first one I hope won't happen. Making Motoredbikes illegal which could possibly happen or just plain allow us to use the bike lanes and paths keeping speeds below 20 MPH.
I think it will be the second scenario. I mean it's beneficial in so many levels. It's such a win win. And the roadies don't own the trails. We all do.
Most of us are overweight as it is.
Were gonna win. Just give it some time.
To those out there with the law against them,let me suggest hogging them roads,make motorists miserable. It would be much more effective when there are many of us using Motoredbikes for our commute to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unliscensable

Unliscensable fits an undetermined class of transportation so its to the Officer
I'VE BEEN PULLED OVER AND TRIED TO TELL THEM THE CONVERSION OF kw to HP and they are like ok what did you do.. give me back my ID and tell me you better replace your lights or turn'em on.. or you have to wear Glasses and a helmet, and use turn signals. but as far as them showing a RCW it has no restriction the closest laws .. which will probably be adapted are the 49cc's and under and also the 20mph limit. as far as negigence they could get you for something like that.. so I don't suggest Hogging the road as I just read ha ha I know what he meant hes pro motorized efficiency and so am I I just wanted to clear that up because I dont want some kid to read that and get the wrong Idea and go out there impede traffic and have a passer bye splat him/her down. but yea phillip I ride every where here no prob's I think problems is the only thing that will bring it to attention of THE DUI MACHINE. HA HA .Well definately no offense meant.. were a Team.

Last edited by a moderator:
.. so I don't suggest Hogging the road as I just read ha ha I know what he meant hes pro motorized efficiency and so am I I just wanted to clear that up because I dont want some kid to read that and get the wrong Idea and go out there impede traffic and have a passer bye splat him/her down.
It's nothing to do with motorized efficiency. It's about motorized safety. Around here, where we have 4-lane roads (2 in each direction), it's smarter for someone to not be afraid to take almost half of the rightmost lane. I just ride along the edge of the rightmost lane, but if I know I am about to hit a huge hole AND I don't have enough grass room on the side for backup, I HAVE to take the road over for everyone's safety.

I think the moral of the story is that it depends on the cops & your environment. If the cops understand that you can still pedal away when they try to scold you, it's prolly okay to hog the road. And as long as you're going less than 25mph, most cops prolly won't give a shiz.

I second that I always make sure Im in the road well before(I know my roads well thank God) the dip,hole, and or what not so I dont cross a line that they wont possibly see or beable to react in time.

yup under 25 Im doin fine!

Back