Felt 1903 Photo link

All righty then!!! Now were getting somewere.Aluminium is easyer to bond than any steel.They also make realy low temp sticks to gas weld it.
I once watched a guy with a small hand held prophane torch weld a beer can to a coke can.Both still had the paint totaly unburnt,and almost totaly unnoticable that the 2 were welded togeither.Great stuff I wish I could get some more of it.It also was twice as strong as the aluminium its self.It could also be used on Brass or Copper with the same results,and it flowed just like led solder.
Joe.I know about those epoxies,and have used several.I even had the opertunity in the early 70's to play with one of the first chop-guns.At 20th century fiberglass in Indiana.I got to shoot there 10th production camper shell with one.It was so much faster than the hand lamination I was doing back then.I've been working with fiberglass since I was about 13.I was one of the local surf bums back home.I've even made skateboards out of the stuff.Those epoxies have been around for years in the boat/RV industrys. Rod

I think Im catching on here.Ocscully that hole tank area is not actualy a tank.Its the hole top bar? So by just filling the ends,and adding a fill neck it becomes a tank?
Thanks for the picture of the 400.Thats a cool ride,and without the tank it would look like some of the first dirt bikes(BMX) we made in the 70's. Some styles just never get old.If that tank was alittle bigger it would look like the old Bulltacos. :D In those colors it already dose

Wonder rod, cascade 701

Hey that rod is available those are 2 names they used, if you cannot find it, I'll get you a more current brand name,.
Mike

Felt Tanks

I AM THE GUY WHO SEALED THE FELT 1903 BIKE TANK I HAVE DONE MANY OF THE THESE BIKES AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEM SEALING THEM I USE J.B. -WELD AND THEN USE A MOTOR CYCLE THREE STEP TANK SEALER OVER THE J.B WELD IT WORKS AND I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY LEAK .
ALSO IT WAS ALL DONE " W/OUT WELDING OR RE-PAINTING ":D ALL OF THE FELT BIKES LOOK THE SAME AS FAR AS THE WELD BEADS ON THE FRAME .
I LEARNED OF THIS PROCESS BY TRIAL AND ERROR FOR NO ONE COULD TELL ME THE BEST WAY TO DO IT AFTER MANY TIMES TRYING I FINALLY WAS ABLE TO PERFECT THE METHOD THAT I USE IT MAY NOT BE THE EASY WAY OR THE ONLY WAY BUT FOR NOW IT WORKS.

felt 1903

I agree with Scully. That 1991 refers to when Felt was started, I believe. Someone should try to contact the owner and ask how he sealed the tank. I still sthing the Vintage Iron 400 would be the best one to put a motor on.

Dan
HELLO DAN I JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT I AM THE GUY THAT BUILT THE BLACK 1903 ON THE INTERNET AND I DID IT W/ J.B. WELD AND MOTORCYCLE TANK SEALER I HAVE DONE MANY OF THE FELT BIKES AND HAVE NOT I REPEAT NOT WELDED OR RE-PAINTED ANY OF THEM NOR HAVE I HAD ANY LEAKS IT CAN BE DONE IF YOU WANT FURTHER DETAIL ON THE PROCESS I WOULD BE MORE THAT HAPPY TO EXPLAIN.:D

Back