Felt bike - opinion?

junglepig

I found this 2013 Felt Cruiser on Craigslist. It has a few cosmetic blemishes, but is $75.

How are these for an HT kit build?
Will it fit this frame well, and how solid are these bikes? I haven't been to see it yet, but I'm considering it.
It looks pretty robust for a cruiser, and has 29" wheels.
felt.jpg

Lukesky36

Mongoose Hotshot is a great bike for the price you should replace the tires with some 29ers though 700cc wheels that come with it will work

willis617

I would pick that up quick!
I'm building a Bixby now, it's a good frame with better stuff than my cranbrook

junglepig

Mongoose Hotshot is a great bike for the price you should replace the tires with some 29ers though 700cc wheels that come with it will work
That does look like a great deal. I'm not looking for a new bike though. I'm only looking at this Felt bike as a novel collector's item bike that isn't likely to come up at this price ever again, and it's 15 miles down the road from me :).
I think it's been ridden too much to have huge collector value like a mint bike would, so I don't feel like I'm ruining it by adding a kit motor.
I love the tires and fenders on it.

junglepig

Here's one that's had a Grubee 50cc kit put on it. Never ridden. On eBay.
Looks like the HT will fit just right.
The low support bar on the cantilever frame lets the engine fill that space better. It doesn't look out of place like the little china motors sometimes do.
This gives me a good idea of what it will look like.
Would the black painted engine look better on this bike?

feltmotor.jpg

junglepig

I got it home tonight. Because what I really need is two projects.
I do like it.
I don't have a definite plan for it yet.
A black 2-stroke kit is cheap and easy and could look alright, especially with a nice pipe.
I'll finish up my little Murray Monterrey cruiser and think a little on this one.

I'm very open to ideas.

BTW, this is an aluminum frame.

Last edited: