Felt brand bikes

T

thedudeabides

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Is anybody familiar with Felt bikes? They seem to be really serious about building authentic vintage looking bikes with aluminum frames. I am getting a deal on a 3 yr-old model in Navy gray-white that looks like something you'd find at Pearl Harbour before the attack. That said, it looks like THE best base for a new and improved Whizzer-powered machine. However, the frame is aluminum and unusually thick with a faux undermount gas tank. I am wondering how it will like having a motor attached to it. I will send pictures. Happy Spring!

Regarding this Felt cruiser issue...
I have seen some bikes on this site that look so authentic that it blows my mind. I cannot help but smile when I think of how much fun that thing is to ride around. Neat old (or old style) stuff not only brings joy to the owner, but to everybody who sees the thing and can think, "wow, there is something you don't see everyday." I welcome any and all suggestions on how to make this look as pre-war as possible, and we have some serious experts here. But the first question is; do I sacrifice my current NE5 for the conversion?

That's a tough decision you are going to make. I don't know if I could sacrifice a perfectly good working NE5.

Jim

Upon much contemplation, I really can't tear apart my NE5, so I will be looking for a belt-drive motor with the right "look" and specs. I'd like to feed it with a small cylinder gas tank like some of the mind-shredding Simpson bikes have. Hybrid, thanks for the photoshop.
-Dude

Here is a picture of it - the exhaust is only temporary till I get a custom one.

Attachments

• bike finished.jpg
    bike finished.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 684
Back