Felt Deep Six Bike

Old//62 rider

Local time
10:12 AM
I want to mount a 2stroke engine on my FELT Deep Six Cruiser. I've run into a problem. The Deep Six has 50mm wide rims with 3" wide tires and it's a single speed with coaster brakes. I can't mount a rear sprocket on the left side of the bike in the traditional manner because the tire hits the chain. I'm planning on using a jack shat and drive off the right side. Any ideas on how to change the stock rear sprocket from the stock side to a larger size sprocket and keep the rear coaster brake?

they sell different sized sprockets for those wheels - just take it apart and put one on

don't forget to add some real brakes too

Last edited:
I want to mount a 2stroke engine on my FELT Deep Six Cruiser. I've run into a problem. The Deep Six has 50mm wide rims with 3" wide tires and it's a single speed with coaster brakes. I can't mount a rear sprocket on the left side of the bike in the traditional manner because the tire hits the chain. I'm planning on using a jack shat and drive off the right side. Any ideas on how to change the stock rear sprocket from the stock side to a larger size sprocket and keep the rear coaster brake?
You might want to consider having a 3 speed hub similar to the one felt uses (Shimano Nexus) laced into your wheel. It is 127mm, and yours is 124mm so you should be able to git it to fit. Worth checking out. If I were building it this would be my choice. You might as well get all the advantages of having a j shaft. For around 100 bucks for hub shifter and lacing you get a multi speed bad assed bike. Make sure the hub takes 12 g spokes. My 2 cents.

I want to mount a 2stroke engine on my FELT Deep Six Cruiser. I've run into a problem. The Deep Six has 50mm wide rims with 3" wide tires and it's a single speed with coaster brakes.

I can't mount a rear sprocket on the left side of the bike in the traditional manner because the tire hits the chain. ?
Yes you can use a rear sprocket on the left side of the bike in the traditional manner.

KW Machine Works makes offset motor mounts to make your chain clear the tire.

http://www.kwmachineworks.com/Motor_Mount_info.html

Back