Felt Heritage with springer fork & v-brake

I

Irish John

I've just noticed that the Felt Heritage cruiser has springer forks and V-brakes which is the first time I've ever seen this as standard on a bike.
It also looks like a perfect problem-free bike for a 4-stroke frame-mount.
I'm looking for pictures of felt cruisers with 4-stroke frame mounted and have only been directed to Earth Mechanic's one at
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=6155
The attached pic shows the springer with V-brake.

Attachments

• Felt Heritage 8740.jpg
    Felt Heritage 8740.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 6,511
Springer fork with v-brake mounting points?

Anybody know where I can find a springer fork with v-brake mounting points already attached?:confused:
I'm looking for one that will fit my crusier- Raleigh Retroglide 7.

PICT0016.jpg

PICT0012.jpg

PICT0015.jpg

PICT0017.jpg

PICT0018.jpg

New 48T Sprocket.jpg

PICT0014.jpg

PICT0008.jpg

Fosscati Nexus7 Hub Clamp.jpg

Fosscati Nexus7 Sprocket Clamp.jpgPICT0016.jpg

PICT0012.jpg

PICT0015.jpg

PICT0017.jpg

PICT0018.jpg

New 48T Sprocket.jpg

PICT0014.jpg

PICT0008.jpg
Anybody know where I can find a springer fork with v-brake mounting points already attached?:confused:

Yes, I stock them specifically for all the cruisers designed in America that have no front brake on the springer because of insane reasons I have never been able to fathom. In Australia the Schwinn D7 has V-brakes on the springer but your Raleigh & the Electra just throw on a cheap single bolt caliper brake which is a real insult on a high-price cruiser bike. PM me if you want one (they are very cheap to MBc members but they had some rust spots on them which I had to clean off - there are pics on this forum if you search for them) but I live in Australia and the air freight would be dear. I'll post pics again.
In the background you will see my special Fosscati sprocket clamp for the Shimano Nexus 7 spd hub which is made of 318 grade stainless steel and I reckon you will need one of these plus Fosscati special machined sprocket & rubber pads as well so I include a picture of it installed. Alternatively I could send you full scale drawings so you could make it yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spookey Tooth Cycles

Spooky Tooth Cycles over on the left side of this page has them with and without brake posts and in either chrome or black.

ocscully

Thanks!

As Mr. Burns on the Simpsons says "Excellent." :D Thanks for the info.
Irish John- that's just what I need but I fear that the shipping from Australia would make it cost prohibitive.

Last edited by a moderator:
As Mr. Burns on the Simpsons says "Excellent." :D Thanks for the info.
Irish John- that’s just what I need but I fear that the shipping from Australia would make it cost prohibitive.

Well Prof I could send it by sea mail if you weren't in a hurry. Sea mail is slower these days than it was when white settlement of Australia began in 1788!
I'm sure the hub clamp & sprocket would be reasonable by parcel air express but the forks would be too dear. You can get the forks from Spooky Tooth but I'm the only guy who makes the sprocket to fit the Nexus 7 spd hub.
If you want the sprocket & clamp let me know.
The Schwinn D7 is a better bike in my opinion than the Raleigh because of the extras but it's a heavy critter and needs the Honda to pull it.

Back