Fender Fab for me!

Local time
11:09 PM
Mailman just delivered a set of fenders for my first build. I've got a springer front fork that I want to put it on but, it rubs on the outer edges with the main fork of the springer. I COULD install it like that but, I'd rather have a little bit of clearance between the fender and the forks. I don't need much room but I was wondering how some of you seasoned veterans have pinched in the edges of your fenders and still made it look good. I've got a few ideas but I'd like to hear what some others have found that works. I'd rather not go hammering on them if possible.

I"m all ears!

thanks for any input!

I wouldn't bend the fenders to get that clearance. Chances are it'll come out looking bad.

why not just cut out a couple of notches for the clearance? Done slow and careful it shouldn't look bad.

Do your fenders have detents where the fork is supposed to go?
I have fenders and a springer. The fenders came with these detents but the fork still contacted them. I just wedged them in and all was good. No squeaks or anything. Actually, the fender moves WITH the fork. So once it's in place, that's it!

Attachments

• My BIke 007.JPG
    My BIke 007.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 228
That's a great looking bike Nuttsy. I put it all together today and it wasn't too bad. My fender didn't come with any detents for the forks. I just painted the front fender today after fabbing up an additional L-bracket to help it stay on. I'll likely put the entire front springer together tomorrow. I'm still waiting for my bike from Wally-world but hopefully I'll have it this week! I'll post some pics when I get them. I also have a build thread started at http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=24458

I hope this thing comes out at least half as cool as it looks in my head!

Back