Fenders. what works, what doesn't.

sherryc8641 said:
Do you think this pair of planet bike fenders will ft my bike? On Aqua's website, http://ecom1.planetbike.com/fenders.html, they are the style, SpeedEZ ATB , I just ask since I really don't have a disk break on my bike (If that would effect me getting them installed.) I just want that style.

Not sure. There are very clear instructions on the right. Click on the red writing. I'm going to drill an 8mm hole in the front fork brace and another in that brace between the front of the rear wheel stays. I will use pairs of metal hose retaining straps/clips on the lower part of the forks to mount brackets on for the fender stays. I went with the huge Cascadias.
I ordered a pair of the short mud flaps for $5, so if the long ones look too dorkey in the Summer...Eh! Road dirt is my issue here in SoCal.

Search Amazon.com for freddy fenders. The ones you want are $27.
Clean the mounting points well, make sure all is oil free, then mount with a few drops of silicone adhesive and UV proof zip ties. If they come with zip ties, they are prolly UV proof. (only tye spokes with UV proof zip-ties) :cool:

Back