fenders, who needs them ?!?

DetonatorTuning

Local time
7:12 PM
2" deep puddle 5ft. wide @ 30mph...................................................

enough water thrown up to drown out the rear carbed gp460 =

1.5 hr. / 19 mile long peddle ride home. :oops:

this WILL be remedied by monday morning FOR SURE !!

pooped,
steve

yes, Steve --- this would cause one to want fenders !!! We don't get much rain here in So. Calif - but - since my MB is my main trans - and having no fenders - I have been thinking and I know from long wet past experiences -- the day will come when I will wish that I had put some time into adapting fenders to my MB.. I will never forget years ago while riding with someone in the rain -- they had fenders - I did not - they were having some great fun while I was having NONE... Happy Riding from - Mountainman

Sure. Even here in the midwest where we certainly get enough rain, fenders are not an absolute necessity. But when it's wet out, they sure are nice.

Most of the bikes I've ridden over the years haven't had them. But I always kinda want them.

If its raining im walking the bike home or calling for my pickup. When its wet I have no brakes and the friction drives slips like crazy. No brakes part is the worst though.

Hey Detonator, tape a plastic bag over that air cleaner, she'll stay dry. Since you're pedaling anyway it won't matter.:)

Hi,

If you are going to do the fenders find the post (somewhere on this site) about a fix that keeps fenders from falling apart or something at speed....Could be a big safety issue BUT I can't remember exactly what the fix was....Just remember skimming over it awhile back...
Good luck...
Andrew

I have some fun in the water even without fenders. Worse case was when I decided to ride canals home after 3 days rain and the mud that I carried for a week was double the weight of the bike. I do think I want to incorporate them in my next bike or at least a wet weather bike. The other advantage of fenders is they may keep dust from getting in the air cleaner as much.

I definitely ruled out friction drive because of the loss of power in rain. I wont ride a bike that looses it's brakes in wet as a puddle can stop your brakes from working and a good set works wet or dry. A commuter needs to be able to depend on his whole setup, and pedals did get you home after all said and done.

Fenders are the way to go!
I don't have a rear because of the rack mount, I am going to get creative with
that tho.

A

I rarely ride in the rain but I find the fenders help out a ton even with kicked up road dirt and especially helps when I'm offroading and the dirt is moist. Keeps the bike clean too.

Hey Detonator, tape a plastic bag over that air cleaner, she'll stay dry. Since you're pedaling anyway it won't matter.:)

yeah ya rascal ? :-/

by that time i didn't care if it got any wetter and since i WAS pedaling it no longer mattered !!

:rolleyes:

steve