Fighting for a change...can you help me please..

Fall river area
Thats funny...lol...Fall River is where my ex-wife and daughter live right now on Quequechan st....lol...When i was still married many, many, years ago, we lived right next door to you in Westport Mass and then Little Compton RI in the late 70s...DAMIEN

Ps...Last time i visited FR was 2005...That was my last visit to Battleship Cove to see (Big Mammie), AKA, The Battleship Massachusettes, The Destroyer Joseph P Kennedy, The East German, (USSR), patrol boat known as The Hiddensee, as well as the Submarines that are all moored there...Also the Lizzie Bordon "Murders" House...lol

Last edited:
Sure, How far away are you from me ?. . I'll PM you my phone number tomorrow and we can talk . (y)
Check here tomorrow morning....
q07pOPXdQU_Vw1mAb-kAUA.png
I have been gocking at that beauty so hard ..its totally over engineered .😅. and I can see by all your pictures how refined its is ..I am beyond lucky ..I noticed so many upgrades..you must be a pro builder..or the man that teaches pro builders.. its feels like you gave me a kidney..its that good ..🤪..do you guys see it ?..thanks again

I have been gocking at that beauty so hard ..its totally over engineered .😅. and I can see by all your pictures how refined its is ..I am beyond lucky ..I noticed so many upgrades..you must be a pro builder..or the man that teaches pro builders.. its feels like you gave me a kidney..its that good ..🤪..do you guys see it ?..thanks again
You just got blessed, BIG TIME...lol...Welcome to the forums...A very special place to be among all these good folks here...DAMIEN

Maybe it's his first build done with the help of many builders' input? It's a decent first bike, upgraded bolts and tires. Arch is nice. Get a 70+ tooth rear sprocket if you are gonna remain single speed.

LOL. I'm far from being a pro. That was my 2nd build and I had a lot of help from the guys on here. (y)(y)
I just like nice things so why not do it right and have a safe bike. :)

PM sent

Welcome to the forum steve!

Most if these motors are made cheap (around 100$ shipped for the cheapest kit) BUT will need maintenance and upkeep.

How good are you mechanically?
Can you clean a carb? Can you diagnose a motor if it doesn't start?
Theses things are important to know.

Also, for your your weight, id also gear the bike lower (ie going from a 44t to a 48-56t sprocket) this will decrease top speed, but increase torque (you need this)

Id also get the bike serviced as well (local bike shop can do this, you could as well if you have the know how) as the motor will increase the stress on the bike, and the last thing you need is a failure costing money.

First upgrades, a better chain, maintenance, and finally a re gear and tune.

im not super mechanically inclined ..however im willing to learn,,nor do i know how to diagnose or clean a carb ..however ive been lucky enough to land a amazing bike with most of these things already tended to ..i hoping i can learn before any major repairs are needed ..but definetly will need a re gearing down the line..i have been lucky enough to get a verbal talk through on the matter with ....definetly appreciate the words of advice mark ..

And its easy to learn how to work on these engines too, they're simple pedal start 2 stroke motors. I never did any sort of mechanical work before I got my bike. I was able to modify and fix every problem I had so far. This forum is awesome for information. You'll have a lot of fun with a gas bike its a great hobby especially since you're out of work, something fun to do and a skill to learn.
yeah ...definitely i thinks its going to be a great hobby ..but i may not be as savy as u to learn as fast as you did ..but i m definitely going to try yeti woodz

My friend did a 1/4 pound a day from 385 lbs too 220 lbs...

He is super strong because of packing that weight for 30+ years... He topped out at 500+ a few years ago...

He changed his whole life,,, the way he does things,,, eating and sleeping,,, hitting the elliptical machine every other day for 45 minutes hard...

Either your on or your off,,, I'm sure as a athlete you know this...

By the way,,, good on you brother,,, the bike idea is awesome,,, what a great way too get moving and get your cardio going...

I took my power bike with me too work,,, next trip will be my mountain bike with no engine...

I can cover 3 times the distance then with my boots on the ground...
10 miles walking fast would be 30 too 35 miles by pedals...

The trick is too go too diffrent places on every ride,,, do some sightseeing getting warmed up,,, then turn it on...

Pull off as many reps as possible,,, then a 20 minute kool down by walking off the last 2 too 3 miles with my bike as a rolling walker...

Get tall handle bars so you can reach them comfortable,,, and an adjustable seat post...
Once you ride a pedal bike with a shift on the fly seat post you will never ride a bike with out it...

You can set the seat height on the fly with out stopping,,, your knees and back will love you...
And get a big @zz seat... ours are 12 3/4" seats
Resized_20200530_112140.jpeg

20201225_124526.jpg

Front forks are handy,,, find the lock out posts so you can rocket up the hills...
Hard tail is good...

26x 2.40 or the larger tires is better,,, 27" or 29",,, at lease 2.40,,, 2.50,,, or 3.25 wide,,, you'll get a smoother more comfortable ride...

Cheers from pal Don...

Good on you brother 👍👍👍

i appreciate all that advice ...and the picture in the woods was awesome..looks like u have some amazing trails around you way ..thanks for taking the time to give me all that input ..

Maybe it's his first build done with the help of many builders' input? It's a decent first bike, upgraded bolts and tires. Arch is nice. Get a 70+ tooth rear sprocket if you are gonna remain single speed.
i will be looking into sprockets down the line ..but for now i want to ride it the way he made it .. he also suggested the larger sprockets so i will definitely do it eventually crazy dan ...thanks

Back