Tires filling tires with foam

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.airfreetires.com is tending to, SUCK!

"Where are my tires"??? I asked, 11 days (yesterday), and 12 days (today) after ordering!

Order Number: xxxxxx
Customer ID: xxxxx
EMail: shorty@xxxxxxxx.com
Date of purchase: 7/8/2010 6:52:06 PM

They state on there site, "email answers 24 hour email answers".
I called them yesterday, and left a message. NO response!
I sent them an e mail last night. NO response to that one.
E mailed again today! "Where are my tires"???
This Sucks!
Shorty

I Hope They Work For You. Have Heard Of Guy`s That Tried Them And Were Not Happy.

If I Remember Correctly, They Were A Bear To In Stall.

Good Luck, Hope They Work For You. Ron

Hopefully they'll arrive soon, MrShorty. I'll be most interested to hear how they go. In the past, I've read that they 'flat-spot' easily. Time will tell.

Airfreetires has had a bad reputation for slow to nonexistent shipping for years. You may have to eventually dispute the charge on your credit card.

If you want to try something like that, Kenda airfree inserts may be the better way to go. Kenda is a much bigger company and the inserts mean you can use your existing tires, which give better grip than polyurethane.

http://www.americanairless.com/airfree_innertubes.htm

https://www.airfreetires.com is tending to, SUCK!

"Where are my tires"??? I asked, 11 days (yesterday), and 12 days (today) after ordering!

Order Number: xxxxxx
Customer ID: xxxxx
EMail: shorty@xxxxxxxx.com
Date of purchase: 7/8/2010 6:52:06 PM

They state on there site, "email answers 24 hour email answers".
I called them yesterday, and left a message. NO response!
I sent them an e mail last night. NO response to that one.
E mailed again today! "Where are my tires"???
This Sucks!
Shorty

Hi I was just wondering if you ever got em and how you like em?

I finally got the tires 28 days later. The company will not answer any emails or phone calls that I sent them, and it was a bunch of each!
I put them on today and they weren't that hard to get on the rims. I guess it was about an hour from start to finish to do both wheels. Then I took it for a ride. They handle pretty good on the road, a little slick on the grass. I read somewhere to take sawdust and wipe the tires down to get the silicone off of them, and that worked. They do ride harder, but that was expected. My old tires had 50psi, and these are made to ride like a 90psi tire. That was a recommendation from a bicycle web site to get between 90psi and 110psi for my 235lb weight.
All in all, I like them so far. But I will never deal with that company again.
Shorty

Thanks good to know about the tires AND the company!

The "airfree" are coming OFF my bike!
I went down this afternoon from the tires!
I was riding along a route that I run on a regular basis around town, before installing the "airfree" tires. Never had any worries other than a blowout.
Today I got up to 28mph, and it was kind of like riding on snow or ice. So I slowed down to 25mph to get where I was going. It was still a weird feeling, like the rear wheel was moving around. I looked down at it and it was still tracking the same. I pulled over and checked to see if it had moved. It hadn't moved, and was very tight. So off I went, slowly (25mph max., usually run 35mph +). Got to a turn at a shopping center where it changes from asphalt to concrete that I have been over an easy 40 times, and slowed down to 5mph or so. The slowest I've ever taken this turn off ramp, and the bike went out from under me like riding on ice. It was so fast going down, there wasn't time to do anything.
My right knee took the biggest hit, but didn't bleed allot until I got home and cleaned it up, hurts like **** now to move it. Right elbow, has some road rash. and the bike, a little scratch on the top of the tank, and a broken clutch lever (that made the scratch I think, but I went down on the right side, and broke the lever on the left side?). It happened so fast, all I know is, the tire slid left and I went down to the right.
I'll be putting the real rubber tires back on in the morning! If I can limp out to the garage.
"Airfree tires" get a F- in my book!
Shorty

Mr Shorty

That`s What I Was Afraid Of! But I Didn`t Want To Rain On Your Parade.

Don`t Know Why They Still Sell Them.

Hope You Heal Fast And Completly.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back