filling up with gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

seanpawn

i'm in a situation where its impossible to have gas can (college dorm, they don't appreciate that sort of thing), so has anyone had any problems with filling up the bike directly from the pump at a gas station? Is that legal? Any other suggestions? Thanks.

I don't think its illegal, but it can be a pain in the ass. Putting gas in at the station would make it even more difficult to mix the gas and oil.

I was once in the same situation as you, but what I did was just keep the gas can in the trunk of my car, and then every time I needed to refill, I would just go over to my car.

Welcome to the forum!

i do it all the time...well, actually only 'bout twice a month :)

i carry a 3.5oz bottle of Briggs & Stratton "easy mix" in my toolkit/backpack...yes, it's just that easy :LOL:

i only fill up at the gas station i use the little oil bottles and i remembered how much to pour into the tank. every time i fill up a gas can someone else uses it for there own stuff. it doesnt hurt if your running a little more/ less oil and if its to much or to little just add more gas/oil.

I do it all of the time, its easy. In fact, I usually dump the oil before I fuel up. The fuel in line, fuel filter, and carb bowl is usually enough to get to my gas station without smoking up the entire neighborhood.

Many gas station sell small containers of two stroke oil. You may want to consider the addition of a second fuel tank on your bike to decrease the number of times you refuel. If you have a bullet tank on frame you may want another one on a bike rack. Run the lines into a t-fitting and you have doubled your mileage.

ha, if my parents had let me bring my car out, i probably wouldn't have bought the kit. So, just to be clear, you guys just stick the gas nozzle right into the bike's gas tank? Also, i'm fairly new to 2-stroke engines, do you have to stir the oil and gas, or put one in the tank first?
Thanks

If you must mix in the tank I'd put the oil in the tank, fill the tank up and shake the bike around to mix everything up good (with the gas cap on of course)

Saabsonettguy said:
If you must mix in the tank I'd put the oil in the tank, fill the tank up and shake the bike around to mix everything up good (with the gas cap on of course)

Ditto

I've heard some horror stories about the oil filling the fuel line and leaning out the mix, gumming the carb, etc. I would lean towards filling the tank w/ gas then adding the oil in stages with good shakes in between steps.

Edward, poppycock. No need to shake the bike at all. Our thumber does that for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back