filling up with gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edward said:
I've heard some horror stories about the oil filling the fuel line and leaning out the mix, gumming the carb, etc. I would lean towards filling the tank w/ gas then adding the oil in stages with good shakes in between steps.

hi fellow kansan
do you mean .... a shot of gas, a little oil, shake.....repeat? I've had to gas up a few times, while out. once after a nice long walk, pushing my bike. I put all the oil in....with the petcock off...the first blast of gas (about 1/2 tank) then a good shake....top it off, shake & go.
tomato/tomato? :D

Dave

Ha. I actually ran out of gas today and had to pedal, ironically, it was on the way home from the gym. I stopped at a gas station because god forbid I pedal that last half mile, and filled up. You stick the nozzle in the tank and pull the boot on the nozzle back so that it turns on. The whole thing was kinda messy. luckily they sold 2-cycle oil at that gas station.

GAs

Tom it is fun running out of gas :) you pedal into the gas station and fill up for less than a dollar and every on looks at you like they are going to turn green with envy especially the ones that just filled up for 80.$'s :D ....I took and mixed up a gal of gas and keep a drink bottle full of fuel in my basket for those times I run out usually one of those biker drink bottles will hold enough to get to a gas station or home to fill the tank.

Cookie

Just curious...how much gas does the top frame bar mounted tank hold?

:LOL: cookie!

i was in line behind a dude, as he finished paying $20 for his fuel he told the clerk "that oughta get me outta the parking lot."
i told him i was "getting change back from my buck." :LOL:

we both enjoyed a short convo about the bike, laughed about my joke again, and off we went :D

steve: 2 liters/.45 gallons

Steve said:
Just curious...how much gas does the top frame bar mounted tank hold?
I was thinking about that too. Two of my tanks are the large ones that are supposed to be 1 gallon but it's probably something metric. I've got two small ones too.

To get the right mix of oil the gas we would need to know how much gas we're putting in before we put the oil in.

I prefer to have a can handy at home with premix and plan ahead. But I do regularly fill up at the station. I'll just slide the ol' nozzle right in and give 'er a squirt. Near the top I'll dump the oil, then top off with petrol to help mix it all. I do like to shake my bike a bit, but more just to get even with it for shaking me so much when I ride. Just make sure you don't have the crapo gas cap that came with the kit still on there, as you will soon learn why it sucks if you do.

funny story

You guys will like this story ......pulled into a station to top off my tank and pick up some soft drinks while waiting in the check out line a guy came up and we started talking about the bikes (his was a new Harley soft tail) being a Rolex rider about 22 yrs old. he challenged me to a race and his buds looked at him like he was nuts, I said sure I'll race you first you drain your tank and I will drain mine we will both put one cup of gas in the tanks and race from down town Baton Rouge to Denham Springs (over 20 miles) at 5:00 (rush hour) we will see who gets here first. :D 8) + we have to obey all the traffic laws.......All of his bud started laughing and he backed out of the race ....youth and eagerness will be beat by old age and cunning every time :devilish:

Cookie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back