Final Install of my Leaf Blowe Motor.

its a nice set up but the only problem i see is the engine is eventually going to overheat cause it has no cooling fan
the leaf blower engines use the blower fan to cool them and with the fan removed they overheat and can sieze up even happens to a good engine like the husky you have i had it happen to a Zenoah 41cc

???

its a nice set up but the only problem i see is the engine is eventually going to overheat cause it has no cooling fan
the leaf blower engines use the blower fan to cool them and with the fan removed they overheat and can sieze up even happens to a good engine like the husky you have i had it happen to a Zenoah 41cc

I don't see how the fan cools the engine, when the fan is encased in the housing not letting the air to escape other than the hose. So therefore i don't understand how you came up with that. I think it gets better cooling now than when it was compacted all together.

http://www.motoredbikes.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3841&d=1199978806

ok to back the theory up. In the picture you see 2 pieces, the one with the rectangle is what i cut out to use for a cover. that had a 2 1/2 in hole for the the engine shaft. The other one with the larger circle was an intake side that was where the paded backpack was. So i'm sure the engine was not cooled by the fan in any way what so ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
as you can clearly see from the cuttout that there is no way that the engine is being cooled by the blower.

Attachments

• blower 002.jpg
    blower 002.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 352
  • blower 001.jpg
    blower 001.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 354
somebody jump in & correct me if I am wrong......

since the pull starter is on the opposite side of the out-put shaft, this is a full crank engine. (2 crankshaft bearings....a good thing!)
On most little engines, behind the pull starter is the flywheel, which also acts as a cooling fan/blower. (This is why we need to keep as much engine shroud intact, as possible. )

I think /hope this is the case.

those engines dont have a flywheel fan

im telling ya the blower fan actually cools the engine inside the blower casing theres a hole with a fin that directs the air to the cylinder all the industrial blowers have that

i noticed your other post http://motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=8268

i hope your not running strait gas in that engines cause its not a 4 stroke its a 2 stroke husky never made a 4 stroke blower

im not trying to be an ******* or starting **** im just telling you what i know from my experience with these engines
thats a nice engine id hate to see ya blow it up

yes sorry it was a miss post it is a 2 stroke, and it is 40 to 1 mixture , but i still stand clear on this leaf blower engine. . I should know i took it apart. The only air that was getting in was thru the backpack side that acted like an intake. , and you may be correct with the whole fan issue but i still think being fully exposed to the air while riding is not going to be any different. I don't quite understand what you mean by the big fan cooling the engine when it was clearly encased in the housing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had taken it on a 10 mile ride mainly full throttle the whole time, and you are correct, i couldn't ask for a much smoother runnin engine, these huskys are a true strong runnin 2 stroke

Back