finally found out whats wrong or chinese bikes drive me nuts

F

foyeburger

bike was running like crap loss of compression bogging down spitting popping so i thought must be intake leak so put new gasket and o-ring took for test ride still runs like #$%$%R^%^& . so cleaned out the exhaust pipe went for a ride still ran like $%^%$^. so i pulled over and gave it the gas to see if something was stuck in there some were . all of a sudden it was sounding better so what ever it was i blew it out by opening up the gas . went home started to run like ^&*&* again. got home took carb off and started to take it apart and thats when i found the problemm a piece of the carb that goes on the manifold was just kinda hanging there
141_105_1.jpg
. lucly I HAD ONE OF THOSE CARBS THAT HAVE THE AIR AND IDLE SCREWS NEW . I NEVER USED IT CAUSE I DIDNT THINK IT WOULD FIT. BUT A FEW MODS LATER I GOT IT ON.
141_095_1.jpg

now that fixed it. these newer carbs are hot !!! when i first gave it gas thought i was going to pull a wheelee not but it sure did take off alot faster more umphhh to it noww sometimes for hours your working on it by process of elimination hours go by and i get nuts but what the heck it sure is neat when you do figure it out and it all seems worth it then makes your bonding with your bike a better thing . but still drive me nuts sometimes thanks larry ca

hi all i got the carb off of ebay the sellers name was revolution 2006 check out ebay i think grubee has them and try livefast motors call them up they may have some phoe# is on ebay check out motorized bicycles in search. larry ca

141_094_1.jpg

141_096_1.jpg

these carbs also have a choke lever you put upon the handlebars uses a cable dont know what kinda jets are in it but i like it itws a bit longer with the air filter all added on so i ended up cutting some of the rubber off the air filter and just using a clamp to hold it one that took away about and inch just enoughroom to sqezze it in larry ca

can you put up a link for the ebay item because i cant seem to find another one

please use the ebay item # in the search box above...it's what helps pay for free MBc stickers :)

141_carb_1.jpg
well i dodnt see nothing on ebay but i found them on the grubee website http://www.grubeeinc.com/USA/SkyHawk.htm scrooll down a bit about 1/4 way down on right hand side i dont know how to order from him but it looks like he has them from what i can tell how much dont know i think i paid like 38 or 40 for mine about 6 months ago from some guy on ebay any way check them out the called Improved style NSC carburetor thanks larry ca

Back