Finally got out of the neighborhood with Predator 212cc stock on Meridian trike.

Hang in there, wolvmarine.

You're close to being a very good ride.
Thanks man. Getting older sucks you have to take care of chores and other people and Not drive your loudish Thumper about the neighborhood after sun down. The younger me would be working on the 4th or 5th tire from frying the others off, getting cops called him for disturbing the peace. EH, guess I'll hope for tomorrow then.

Well here's an update on the bike's progress.

All her snaggled teeth before replacement:
1610923996385.png

This can't be right? This spoke sticks out further than the rim???
1610924039600.png

Finally all laced back up. I can't find my wrench so had to order another one. Black spokes, a tribute to the carnage.
1610924146584.png

Our fallen heroes::
1610924247694.png

Could be an optical illusion or not. A hub needs to be pulling on all spokes in the direction of travel, never pushing on the spokes. With increased HP our motors are using this is even more critical especially on the rear wheel. Am I wrong, not 100% sure but need to look at a properly laced wheel to be sure. In the wheel above it seems your spokes are in a neutral, pushing and pulling position. That doesn't seem right.

Could be an optical illusion or not. A hub needs to be pulling on all spokes in the direction of travel, never pushing on the spokes. With increased HP our motors are using this is even more critical especially on the rear wheel. Am I wrong, not 100% sure but need to look at a properly laced wheel to be sure. In the wheel above it seems your spokes are in a neutral, pushing and pulling position. That doesn't seem right.
Hey thanks for the insight you're probably right. I just don't know how to lace it for 212 juice. If someone could share this info that would great so the next time ol' predi eats these spokes, I will try my darnest to refrain from burnouts.

Also, what I will change from the last time is that I will place a bead of epoxy, PC-7, before laying down the rest of the hub.

Sadly, I wasn't able to find the 24 inch wheels at the HF or Tractor S. and wasn't able to make it to the Northern store so these OEMs will have to do.

If anyone cares these are the spokes I got for this fix::

Ever think about using bigger spokes, like 11g-12g?

That's what I'm trying to do on my 212 bike.

That's a good idea. My spokes actually broke because the hub adapter didn't have a good enough grip on the slippery, shiny, tiny 3/4" baby hub for the driven wheel and this thumper of a motor kept pushing the hub around wheel til a good number of spokes gave up the ghost. To mitigate this issue, I will be scuffing up the shiny tiny hub and lay a good bead of epoxy over it.

Problem I just realized is that I don't have a temp spacer while the epoxy cures in place. I will try a dry run tomorrow to see what I can do. I'll have to bring the wheel, hub, and epoxy mess into my room since its around 30 degrees out in the garage and pretty sure epoxy doesn't like that cold mess. I'll post my mess later. Hopefully we'll get some warm 'nuff weather to take her out for a nice jog out.

My spokes actually broke because the hub adapter didn't have a good enough grip on the slippery, shiny, tiny 3/4" baby hub for the driven wheel and this thumper of a motor kept pushing the hub around wheel til a good number of spokes gave up the ghost.

Install a set screw or a roll pin in that hub adaptor to keep it from slipping

1612654203714.png

Here we go, again. Just dry run the assembly and decided I will let it sit on the sprocket as is and hope for the best. There is a TON of sloop when everything is cinched down. This epoxy is going to be doing a lot of heavy lifting. Also, did a fair amount of grinding of the tiny hub with a dremel to give the epoxy a fair purchase.

1612654035788.png

Back