Finally got the Mack Mag built!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AB1A956F-B7B8-4064-A1EC-2F5AF70C69AB.jpeg
43BE00F3-001A-4931-99A6-501977B01C35.jpeg

Here’s that new gas line @FurryOnTheInside

It wouldn't work underneath? I'm sure it'll flow, I'm just not keen on the aesthetic of going over the top of the frame, personally.
Your bike though! :)
If I had gone underneath it puts it too close to the cylinder head... very little clearance there.

Muffler came really fast from ebay and man this thing should be called the absolute silencer! I put it on the bike and you literally cant hear the exhaust at all, I think it's quieter than a stock HT kit. I havent run it a whole lot yet but the muffler seems to breathe really well I don't notice a loss in power so far. I didn't expect it to quiet it all the way I thought it would just change the tone to something more reasonable. For $15 shipped to my door that quick I'm about to order 3 more to experiment with!

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Muffler came really fast from ebay and man this thing should be called the absolute silencer! I put it on the bike and you literally cant hear the exhaust at all, I think it's quieter than a stock HT kit. I havent run it a whole lot yet but the muffler seems to breathe really well I don't notice a loss in power so far. I didn't expect it to quiet it all the way I thought it would just change the tone to something more reasonable. For $15 shipped to my door that quick I'm about to order 3 more to experiment with!
A lot of people are cutting them in half, drilling out the rivets and re-riveting the end on. They look a little better shortened, but I kind of like the quiet. it's weird how quiet they are with no flow restriction. Here's a pic. for those who want to see what's inside.
View media item 61381

A lot of people are cutting them in half, drilling out the rivets and re-riveting the end on. They look a little better shortened, but I kind of like the quiet. it's weird how quiet they are with no flow restriction. Here's a pic. for those who want to see what's inside.
View media item 61381
It honestly did amaze me how quiet it was... and I don't think there is any restriction I have found so far. I am extremely impressed with it so far, but not sure how much I like how quiet it made the bike... it sounds like nothing if that makes sense lol. When I pull the muffler off the bike is like a motocross bike whining loud at the high rpms and now its like your grandma's vespa with it on hahaa!

I’m building a motor bike with a mongoose Mack mag but I’m having a hard time with getting the rear sprocket installed on the back tire. Can you give me some detailed instructions on how you did it

I’m building a motor bike with a mongoose Mack mag but I’m having a hard time with getting the rear sprocket installed on the back tire. Can you give me some detailed instructions on how you did it
are you using a sprocket made for disc brake attachment? I'm guessing your mag is set up for disc brakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back