Finally it works!!!

mike93082

Local time
8:30 PM
I have spent hours upon hours working on this bike with my 66cc Grubee kit from gasbike.net. But I had issues with the chain breaking, getting jammed, and jumping off the rear sprocket. I was getting extremely frustrated and I took some advice and switched to #41 chain and I went out today and really enjoyed my first ride although it was only about 5 minutes but I had no issues with the chain.

However I did notice the engine was smoking a little and I think that was the paint burning a little and the engine breaking in. I also had issues with the gas line leaking because the gas tank nozzle is about the same level as the carb and the hose had some bends in it. Also the gas line had bubbles in it and did not seem to want to steadily flow. Anyone have any ideas about that?

But overall I am extremely happy and believe this setup will last me a long time.

the smoke from the engine is oil. There is a fine layer of machine oil on the engines for shipping & storage purposes.
air bubbles in the fuel line is more than likely from the new fuel filter. There is a ton of air in the filter when it's new, and the bubbles will eventually go away after awhile.
did you rinse your tank out with gas(or something) before you added gas/oil to run the engine? a lot of these tanks are full of debris when you get them. if you left the screen filter on the end of the petcock that's inside the tank, it could be plugged with debris (hence the low flow of fuel). but in reality, when the engine is running, gas will not flow fast to the carb because the float will be going up & down in the carb, allowing only enough gas into the carb. bowl to raise the float and close the needle & seat. so really, gas trickles into the carb rather than flowing really fast. unless you say that it doesn't seem to flow fast by taking the fuel line off the carb, opening the fuel petcock, and letting some gas flow out into a pan or something. If that's what you did then the gas should flow fairly fast out of the line into the pan wiuthl little to no restriction.
The stock rubber fuel line isn't the best in my opinion. I replaced mine with some neoprene gas line that i found at the hardware store because it is stiffer, and it resists kinking better. i am using a low profile briggs & stratton fuel filter as well. My fuel tank petcock is close to my carb because i am using a 20" frame. the stock fuel filter was too long, and it would cause kinks in the stock rubber fuel line. The briggs filter is much smaller, so my lines have nice curves in them rather than kinks.
if the stock rubber line is leaking, check the ends for tears because that line tears very easy. all it takes is one TINY tear on one of the ends for it to leak

Last edited:
Back