Finding a bike.

U

Unregistered

I have been looking for a place to buy a beach cruiser style bike (for as cheap as i can), but i am running out of places to look... Thanks for your help!

Try pawnshops,many many pawnshops....sometimes they have some excellent bargains their of their higher quality bikes...particularly if they need a slight bit of work to bring it up/back to standard.

Goodwill Superstore. their bikes are like $10-$30. They need a little TLC and some chain lube. Garage sales too. KIDD is right too. I see people giving away bikes on Craigslist. I bought a bike a week ago $50 and the seller threw a cruiser at me for free just to get it out of his garage.
Good Luck and thanks for stopping by.

I put an ad in Craiglist asking if anyone has an old bike in the back of a barn and two days ago I got an offer of a 50 year old "Canadaian raleigh" with a three speed hub with coaster brakes.He says the bike is ridable.
A few days ago I was in an old junk store and I asked about old bikes and he showed me a 1960s " Fastback" I don't know if any of you can remember them but they came with the stick shifter on the double crossbar and were orange in colour. Too small to motorize but having had one when I was a kid, it was cool to remember those days

Attachments

• 6b_1.jpg
    6b_1.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 291
fastback

Wow that brings back memorys! I had one of those when I was a kid,we used to cut off forks from a garbage bike and hammer them on to the fastbacks forks to make them into choppers! with the small front wheels they looked cool!

Goodwill to all!

You can't pass up a goodwill or thrift store.
I have found some of my nicest bikes there, check them often if you can.
The more they see you come in, the better. You may be able to have an employee notify you if one comes in.
My best find was a 1963 Armstrong (3 speed made in England)
All original down to the tubes, perfect decals, and really nice paint.
Happy hunting!

I put an ad in Craiglist asking if anyone has an old bike in the back of a barn and two days ago I got an offer of a 50 year old "Canadaian raleigh" with a three speed hub with coaster brakes.He says the bike is ridable.
A few days ago I was in an old junk store and I asked about old bikes and he showed me a 1960s " Fastback" I don't know if any of you can remember them but they came with the stick shifter on the double crossbar and were orange in colour. Too small to motorize but having had one when I was a kid, it was cool to remember those days
Please tell me you took it? Please!

That bike cries out for an electric motor feeding through an inner freewheeling chain ring feeding power through the drive chain! Plenty of room under the seat for a reasonable LiFeO4 battery pack. Wish I had it.

For that matter, there is plenty of room below the seat for an electric motor feeding a left side sprocket as well.

Back