finding air leaks

B

bozs

hi

I use starting fluid to find air leak while the bike runing spray a little at all point and the motor will rev up when you find the leak...

bozs

i put water on the engine(when the engines cold) i take the spark plug out, and push it around and run it through the cycle a few times, where theres a leak, the water will bubble up. this works for me, i also do this when checking my tires for leaks.

i know i have an air leak where the engine head sets on the crank case, but i just put a little piece of gasket paper where the space is, im too lazy to put another gasket on, for the third time...it whistles when i get around 25mph:D

jon

"MBc EDIT - This post contains information or advice that MotoredBikes.com knows to be incorrect."

i put water on the engine(when the engines cold) i take the spark plug out, and push it around and run it through the cycle a few times, where theres a leak, the water will bubble up. this works for me, i also do this when checking my tires for leaks.

i know i have an air leak where the engine head sets on the crank case, but i just put a little piece of gasket paper where the space is, im too lazy to put another gasket on, for the third time...it whistles when i get around 25mph:D

jon
you did all that work painting your engine, and you're to lazy to seal the jug?
if you have a leak and check it with water, don't you think the water will get inside your engine??? (definitely NOT good)

i'm all over that one, 'kronic.

herm...when you publicly post info like that, you're risking someone else's engine...didn't i see you say somewhere that you wanted to become an expert?

But it was high octane water which we all know is better than low or regular octane water....sorry i couldn't help myself.

Water really bad idea don't do that please. Propane torch also works good of course no flame on it.

Back