Finding Performance By Accident

Large Filipino: Is that the Diamond fire, E-12, size? I just bought one, but it is threaded a little short compared to a stock or similar plug. I thought I would try it to see if there was any difference.

i have a e3 laying around her it was in my trimmer and i switched back to the regular plug and my trimmer ran better and my stock plug from dax broke so i used the dimond fire e3 and it also has short threads i think 4 short compared to stock

It doesn't seem to bother it,the short threads. My original plug still threads good.
I keep my original plug in my tool box now. I just think visualy the E3 looks cooler.

Yes. E3.12.
It looks way wrong,but it's doing the job. I know some here worry about the threads being too short and stuff may pool by the remainding threads possibly causing detonation and this plug is most likely a different heat range but it's doing the job it seems. I took one of the washers out of that plug. It comes with two.

Yeah, I thought I would just use one washer to give it a little more depth. Thanks for the info.

Wasn't this thread about spark plug wires?

I definitly agree that a copper core spark plug wire will give you a much better burn, more power, and will be a lot nicer to your coil (which in turn will be nicer to you, lol).
A good quality kit will have a copper core spark plug wire. The lower budget kits will use the carbon strands instead of copper to help keep the manufacturing costs in China down to a minimum.
Every little thing that we add to a kit to make it better contibutes to the cost of these kits...therefore the better kits will obviously cost a little more.

By the way, elsewhere on another post there is also mention of how the older air-cooled, 2-strokes used to use vibration dampeners between the larger cooling fins on the cylinder head. Just thought I'd add that this does work to tone down the sound and vibrations...even on our little engines.
When you ride in the freezing cold for awhile and your spark plug wire gets cracked up and you replace it...don't throw it out. It is the perfect diameter to use as vibration dampening blocks between your cylinder fins. Just cut several pieces 1/4" in length and shove'em in at the corners.

Just thought I'd share that little bit of information.

Oh, and since we got sidetracked and onto spark plugs.
Personally, I favor the NGK B6HS plugs.
They work great, burn great, fit great, and only cost about $6 for a pack of two, lol.

I'll shut up for awhile now, lol.

Once again thanks for the cool tip. It gets to be like a conversation that takes off on it's own. I love it, but we must stay OT.
BTW I use NGK B7HS:p

I found yet another benefit to this wire...or I think it's because of this wire.
I rode 96 miles today just got back,checking my tank at around 60 miles still good...I still had about a cup of gas in my 1/2 gallon tank after that 96 mile run. Granted it was the bike trail with very slight hills but I basically kept it at 18 mph cruising like cruise control.
Before this switch,no way I could have done that distance without adding more gas. So I'm thinking maybe my speedometer may be off? It's pretty accurate when I compare it to the street radar sign a block away from my house and when I did a map quest one way reads 54 miles,so take away the fact the bike trail is a whole different way but it may still be a pretty accurate statement. Oh,also my last tank I tried 4 oz to a gallon but my engine seems to run better at 5 oz,so this run was with 5 oz Maxima to a gallon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back