Finished 2d build "ChromeStallion"

learned a lot from the "Red Peril" build .... the "Chrome Stallion" is much improved I think.
Pics highlight the bike plus special features like :

1. Black jacketed Harley handlebars
2. custom mounted speedo
3. modified clutch lever hold button that keeps lever fully depressed toward grip
4. chrome bulk up jacket on kickstand
5. chrome jacketed extension on muffler for looks and throaty sound
6. really silent engine chain with no needed idler wheel
7. peddle tension is maintained with the idler wheel from engine chain
8. modified coaster brake arm and counter sunk hex bolts on sprocket to allow an inch of clearance from engine chain and tire whitewalls. (If you use whitewalls, chain clearance to protect against rub PLUS grease splash is even more critical than using blackwalls. My opinion is at least a full 3/8ths away from sidewalls is necessary to stop both problems.)
9.Selected bike was especially picked for the springer front end looks and operation.
10. Easy on the butt 12x12 Back Trails saddle.
11. custom tank trim with Excaliber sword medallion (my thanks to Jim Bakker for this one !)

Other features are the 40 tooth sprocket which I think outperforms the 44 tooth and lets you avoid the 36 toother which I tried and removed due to lack of any real torque on this bike. The bag rail has thru bolts into the rear bobbed and lifted fender which greatly sturdies it up to almost motorcycle rigidity. The standard trick of rubber mounted thru bolts on the gas tank to eliminate the shoddy look of those straps was used on both builds. The bulked up chrome gascap is just one of those billet style oil cap covers sold in all auto parts stores. The shortened gas throttle cable to end the over curve and over length was done by clipping off the barrel insert at the throttle sleeve, feeding cut cable onto a (nerf? durp?) ...heh, whatever those barrel n screw ends are called , then dremeled to cut off the screw top and turn into a barrel insert for the sleeve slot.

Attachments

• PA160013.JPG
    PA160013.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 832
  • PA160014.JPG
    PA160014.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 610
  • PA160015.JPG
    PA160015.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 889
  • PA160016.JPG
    PA160016.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 459
  • PA160017.JPG
    PA160017.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 416
  • PA160018.JPG
    PA160018.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 441
  • PA160019.JPG
    PA160019.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 507
  • PA160020.JPG
    PA160020.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 442
  • PA160021.JPG
    PA160021.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 391
  • PA160022.JPG
    PA160022.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 431
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice!!

That chair (or table?) leg over the kickstand is a GREAT idea! I learn something at this site every day! :D

To az-craz

heh, the chrome kick cover is actually one side end of the original handlebars I cut off when modding to the Harley cycle bars (what a pain too !) But the rubber tip IS in fact a chair leg end ! ... and for everyone else who read how forgetful i am those screw and barrel things are called Zirks. ,,, heh it occurs to me I got the word durp from South Park !

Thanks Az ... I get a lot of em but I guess that poster who said "a picture is worth a thousand words was right .... trying to explain a bulked up kickstand for example is a lot easier with a pic ....

great build

excellent lines,looks like a factory build.but it would take them a couple mnths to get it to that point.very good job.:eek:

Yeh Beast, the problem would be in the making of more than one style ... after 2 beach cruiser builds you can breath easier if you're going to keep using 1 speed beach cruisers. but every other bike style makes you start from scratch again I think .... the throttle to my mind is probably the only one truly generic part that makes the transition easily no matter what your building from 3 wheeler to 15 speed racer .... all else calls for the typical ' back to the drawing board' timeout.

Back