finished cheapo derringer style

Yes, I got my General Moped (Derringer style) tank from handybikes.com
they don't have the tanks listed on the website but they had them in stock yesterday.
call BJ in parts at 614-299 0550
$50 plus shipping.
they are sold out of gas caps and petcocks.
I bought a petcock for it on ebay. it needs a Yamaha QT50 petcock.
no luck so far on the gas cap.
it is a flip-type cap.
good luck!
-s.

Thanks Atom for that info. Can you tell me if the tank is well made and if it fixes onto top tube like the kit tanks will it leak if you tighten the legs on too tight which can easily happen with the kit tanks. Lastly are they easy to paint or is that pad thing in the way if you want to spray paint?

tank is well enuf made. (mine came with a couple of dings in it even tho it is new old stock) the design is like a standard old-school motorcycle tank. no legs to affix to bike. so no problems there. unsure how to mount yet. it fits over your bike frame top tube. dunno how easy to paint. trick is to paint it so it will stand up to gas spills not messing the paint up.

tank is well enuf made. (mine came with a couple of dings in it even tho it is new old stock) the design is like a standard old-school motorcycle tank. no legs to affix to bike. so no problems there. unsure how to mount yet. it fits over your bike frame top tube. dunno how easy to paint. trick is to paint it so it will stand up to gas spills not messing the paint up.

I'd have thought it would have had some sort of fixings but if it had hasps you could fix it on with rubber belting. If it has nothing to attach to then that is a big problem. It would be good to see photos of the underside.
You can get cans of spray enamel that are solvent resistant and can take gas spills.

Really nice. Good work! That tank has an italian feel to it. It looks like the old narrowcase ducati singles tanks. You mentioned cheap did i miss a total $.

Adrian doesn't seem to use anything particularly exotic on his bikes (there are some nice bits though) just real nice paint!

Really nice. Good work! That tank has an italian feel to it. It looks like the old narrowcase ducati singles tanks. You mentioned cheap did i miss a total $.

Adrian doesn't seem to use anything particularly exotic on his bikes (there are some nice bits though) just real nice paint!

$50 (+9 shipping) just for the tank from handybikes.com
(you need to call them to order, tank is not listed on site)
A Yamaha QT50 petcock was about $40 off of ebay.
still trying to find a source for a gas cap to fit...

Back