Finished my 49cc Dax kit today!!!!!

Hello friends.
Finished just an hour ago! Everything went good. The only problem was that I had to make a front mount to fit the frame. (Micargi Touch) I will add a pic of mount tomorrow, I just forgot to take one in my excitement.
I went to a plumbing supply and bought an inch and a quarter piece of thick walled pipe to fit into the half moon shaped front mount, Used the included universal mount (plate?) to clamp it with the studs then used an auto muffler clamp to go around the front frame member through the plate using the plate as a sandwich. Hard to explain in print, Simple if you're looking at it. It worked great! No problems with the sprocket. (I expected some, Was pleasantly surprised) Gassed it up and took a short ride around the building.
I do need to tinker with the carb a bit, It runs a bit rough and won't idle but these are small bugs, Easy to kill.
I want to clean it up a bit. I ran the wiring temporarily just for test ride. I'll run them where I want them tomorrow. Plus since the bike is matte black I will get a can of matte black spray paint and spray the mount black..... Just little things
I have to say all thanks to Dax! For a great kit and for putting up with me! LOL!
I don't know if I can say this here but these things are the most fun I've ever had with my pants on! Just a five minute ride and I can't get the smile off my face!! As a matter of fact I'm going back out and do another short break in ride! See you guys on the road! Addum

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 455
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:
That looks like the way to go! And for under 15 bucks. Thanks KC! I have been a bit obsessed about checking my homemade mount, Trying to be sure it won't loosen up and slip. Thank You for the tip!! Addum

That looks like the way to go! And for under 15 bucks. Thanks KC! I have been a bit obsessed about checking my homemade mount, Trying to be sure it won't loosen up and slip. Thank You for the tip!! Addum
You're welcome Addum.

I suggest you get an Iridium spark plug from SBP when you order as well, it helps take some of the sting out of shipping and in my opinion it is the single best performance enhancement there is for under $10 and why every 2-stroke I build comes with them as standard equipment for 2 years now.

http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalo...ucts_id=141&osCsid=7il4bvtko24i4b5j9a8bo0stj2

Build on ;-}

Back