finished upgrades

R

ren

After many months I was finnaly able to do the upgrades to my motoredbike. It is an 07 24" Whizzer. First off I bought some items from Whizzer as follows, delux hand grips, turn signals, tachometer, luggage rack. Then I got a taillight cover from Quenton, and found a NOS Whizzer leather electrical cover on the internet, got lucky on that one. Next I installed a clamp on style mirror, leather tool bag, leather saddle bags, model A tail light, insulating heat wrap on the exhaust, and painted the heat shield and belt cover. I also drilled a 3/16 inch hole in the gas cap vent. Now for the motor, enlarged the restrictor plate to match the carb and intake, bought a manifold kit from Quenton and cut it to 1/2 inch and made new gaskets for a smooth path to the intake. Quenton also supplied me with a modified head, copper head gasket, and modified mushroom lifters which I installed. The cam was already advanced one dot so I reasembled the same way. Then comes the iridum spark plug gapped at .025, needle clip moved from middle to second notch from the top, K&N air filter, a finnaly a modified clutch hub from Quenton.
The upgrades to the motor made a huge improvement in torque, which is what I was after. Quenton's parts I bought from him sure work as advertized, and his help along the way was priceless! Thanks Quenton. As for top speed don't know yet, still breaking in the motor, only 400 miles on it so far. Will let you know more later.

Attachments

• modified whizzer 001.jpg
    modified whizzer 001.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 398
  • modified whizzer 004.jpg
    modified whizzer 004.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 378
  • modified whizzer 005.jpg
    modified whizzer 005.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 338
  • modified whizzer 008.jpg
    modified whizzer 008.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 331
  • modified whizzer 002.jpg
    modified whizzer 002.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 344
  • modified whizzer 007.jpg
    modified whizzer 007.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 331
I like that black look. Your bike reminds me of a Harley a friend of mine has. I think it's called a Night Train.

Hi Ren,

Lookin' good! Black has always been one of my favorite colors [most of my race bikes were black]. Sure looks like it means business.

Jay.... will see you at Lewes, DE event. Tell everyone to attend to show support.

Have fun,
Quenton

Looks good.I deffinitly like the black.Mine's black also.

Attachments

• IMG_3061.jpg
    IMG_3061.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_2493_2.jpg
    IMG_2493_2.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 314
Looks good.I deffinitly like the black.Mine's black also.

looking good jason! what are those other bikes in the pic? looks like little hondas or copys? cant wait to see all you guys do next year at the rally!

Thanks for the nice comments, it's been alot of fun to work on and quite the learning experience. Time to enjoy ridding it.

looking good there!

can I ask you guys where you are getting that cool taillight? did that come from Quenton? are there more available?

the handgrips look great, btw. might want to think about getting some of those. I did the turn signals, luggage rack, and right hand mirror. Made a world of difference for me.

It's a reproduction of a 1930/31 Model A Ford Tail light. I got mine from Bill Green vancouver Whizzer.

Been busy lately, haven't been on the computer for over a week. Something I forgot to add on the mods list is a charge port next to the right hand side of the battery cover my dad and I added. It's wired directly to the battery with the male plug on the end of my charger. No more removing the cover to charge the battery.
About the taillight, I did a search on the internet for model A taillights and found a few different styles and prices. That's where I found mine.

Back