Firebikes....

J

JemmaUK

There are some gorgeous machines on here...

but what I am after is the Nexus hub shifter lever they sell...

http://www.prestosell.com/cgi-bin/order.pl?ref=firebikes&fm=1

I am sure not paying £170 for that though... is there *anyone* on here who could make something like that up for me... I would pay a reasonable price :)

pretty please?

It'd look soooo much better than the horrible grip-shifter thing i have at the moment..

Jemma xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, they have wonderful bikes on there, but all I want is the shifter lever they sell and I could buy a whole bike on there for what they want for the lever alone...

Its ridiculous - It would go *perfectly* with a machine such as the simpson racer - specially with a jackshafted chengine running to a nexus hub - but it costs more on its own than a decent full-sus MTB would be in the UK all in with taxes..

Sure its billet aluminum but I could get the same effect with a compatible trigger shifter and a short bit of suitably adjusted brass pipe...

Greed will not customers gain, it will just be self defeating. I am tempted to write to the guy making that very point..

Full bike - including nexus hub and shifter lever $599 canadian

Shift lever alone $329

*sigh*

Jemma xx

Yeah, they have wonderful bikes on there, but all I want is the shifter lever they sell and I could buy a whole bike on there for what they want for the lever alone...

Its ridiculous - It would go *perfectly* with a machine such as the simpson racer - specially with a jackshafted chengine running to a nexus hub - but it costs more on its own than a decent full-sus MTB would be in the UK all in with taxes..

Sure its billet aluminum but I could get the same effect with a compatible trigger shifter and a short bit of suitably adjusted brass pipe...

Greed will not customers gain, it will just be self defeating. I am tempted to write to the guy making that very point..

Full bike - including nexus hub and shifter lever $599 canadian

Shift lever alone $329

*sigh*

Jemma xx

That price is insane! Does it have to be made in aluminium Jemma?

expensive shifters

Yeah, CA$329 is a bit much for one of those parts. The billet aluminum doesn't matter, but the waterjetting of the lever itself, plus possible CNC mill time does. I might be able to machine up something very similar, minus the skull or whatever at the top for much less. If you're interested Jemma I'll take a closer look at it.

-Jeremy

That price is insane! Does it have to be made in aluminium Jemma?

I was going to fab one up using a 7-speed single-shot selector (I think its the ST-7S20 or something) that shimano make and a modified bit of brass pipe for the lever (aka beat it square until it slots over the shifter).
I cant do that until when/if I get a chengine kit and jackshaft - theres little point at the moment as I dont have any way of taking the drive from the GEBE mount to the sproket on the other side *sigh*

I just thought it might be an idea to put it up here cos I know it would suit alot of designs - and maybe people talking to this guy and getting him to realise he could sell alot of these at a reasonable price..

Jemma xx

Back