First 4 stroke build

Do you use a tachometer?
I used to use a tach when I first go into these. Now I know how they feel and sound at about a certain rpm range. I just use a speedo now and a little math to figure out if I need to adjust gearing. 6500 is where I target for peak power. An I like to cruise around 5500. I usually max out on rpms around 7500, and try not to top that. These bearings last a long long time if you keep the rpms below 7000 on your rides.

I used to use a tach when I first go into these. Now I know how they feel and sound at about a certain rpm range. I just use a speedo now and a little math to figure out if I need to adjust gearing. 6500 is where I target for peak power. An I like to cruise around 5500. I usually max out on rpms around 7500, and try not to top that. These bearings last a long long time if you keep the rpms below 7000 on your rides.
I got a tach on my bike but also have another one for tuning lawn equipment. Just put a new bicycle computer with a gradient meter on it right above my tach. This way I'm always running between 6000-7000 RPM at WOT. This system along with regular routine maintenance and a shift kit is why my engine is still going strong after 12 years.

20220524_184552.jpg

I got a tach on my bike but also have another one for tuning lawn equipment. Just put a new bicycle computer with a gradient meter on it right above my tach. This way I'm always running between 6000-7000 RPM at WOT. This system along with regular routine maintenance and a shift kit is why my engine is still going strong after 12 years.

View attachment 175710

I thought it was because of that Green Skull

Back