First 4 stroke build

Josh_wilcoxx

Local time
10:20 AM
Hey guys, I'm building my first 4 stroke bike for my girl. I know a bit about 4 strokes (first started working and tinkering on small engines when I was 9) and I know a bit about motorized bikes, but not much about the 4 stroke bikes. In your experiences with these china sets what tips/tricks/recommendations do you have?

Attachments

• IMG_20211008_112909.jpg
    IMG_20211008_112909.jpg
    482 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_20211018_123518.jpg
    IMG_20211018_123518.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 142
I have no idea why you guys have so many problems with coaster brake, if you maintain them correctly, they are a great back up brake. Been riding for a year now on a coaster hub, not one single problem, besides I put a little to much grease in once and it would let the lock cone slip a little when I pedaled hard. They key to anything on these bikes, " TAKE CARE OF IT PROPPERLY". I find a lot of you fail to do any maintenance, then blame whatever part for being cheap Chinese. Time to grow up boys, men take care of their toys. :) lol

I have no idea why you guys have so many problems with coaster brake, if you maintain them correctly, they are a great back up brake. Been riding for a year now on a coaster hub, not one single problem, besides I put a little to much grease in once and it would let the lock cone slip a little when I pedaled hard. They key to anything on these bikes, " TAKE CARE OF IT PROPPERLY". I find a lot of you fail to do any maintenance, then blame whatever part for being cheap Chinese. Time to grow up boys, men take care of their toys. :) lol
How would you recommend taking care of the coaster brake?

How would you recommend taking care of the coaster brake?
Checking and regreasing it as needed and changing bearings before they wear out completely. Bag of bearings is like $8, thats 5 rebuilds for a hub, tub of grease, $12. You now have enough to make sure the hub keeps going strong for a long time to come.

The main thing to check when you have it open, the wear on the hub brake liner. All bearings should be check before each ride, regardless of the wheel type. It's one thing I see lacking with a lot of these builders, no maintaining.

They ride till it dies, then blame china. I guess it takes a real man to admit when he screwed up, the rest are just boys lying to themselves.

edit: You also have to remember, coaster brakes were never meant to be smashed hard.

edit 2: An now I think about it, I'm the only person i know that checks my motorcycle before each ride. An also I change bearings etc, before they wear out and destroy the races and rim. I also don't wait till my belt is about to break before dropping the $500 to get a new one. I just buy it and change it. An all my friends have had breakdowns etc, while my 40 year old beast just keeps going.

Here's a great set up, get the 4G transmission. Then run through a Sick Bike Parts shift kit. Finish it off using 5 speed IGH with a drum brake. Springer forks on the front with a front brake and a suspension seat post.

Back