First bike. Trying to get this thing going..

They travel about 30mph during racing they have them on both sides of wheel also help wind so faster speeds.

All aero fairings and aero assisting things are designed indoors without any crosswind in mind, and outdoors there is always a crosswind. 🙄

The rider is the huge air resistance object placed high up and totally overwhelming any aero aids on the bike. Especially us lot on here, not all lycra-clad skinny whippets are we? 😂 imo I'm potato shaped.
Im sure full wheel covers can catch some sidewinds that come from large vehicles on fast roads, or that are going fast on roads anyway, but at least wheels are low down near the axles and the covers have this other use than aero.. 😅 idk
I would love to know how the day's varying crosswinds from various angles will help or hinder the efficiency of the hyper-miler electric bikes over the course of the day's ride, because I am still hoping to build a pure electric or two and other people do like to see aerospacy looking engineering.. but I actually do realise that I'm playing with the form and it's only the function that is essential.
Stuff can be aero-shaped if you like, as long as it doesn't need to be another shape, and I wouldn't worry that the side winds make it sail and steer funny because i done think it happens until the aero is actually very good (indoors). Imo.
Tbh, I think it makes less difference either way than people (exactly like me who post overly analytical comments on bike forums) think it does. imo.
You don't need to have the dork disk cover the entire wheel anyway?! Oh I see i slept through the next few comments. I am still going to post my overly long analytical comment. 🤫👍

Wan37... 👍👍👍

Good find bro...

And we found free Dork-disk disks sitting out side of or shop...

The smooth lids off of 5 gallon pales...

Ye Ha,,, and they will works with our 56 tooth sprokets,,, 310mm 👍

Free is gooder

We can double them up to give us the proper thicknesses needed...
Picture😋

Just enough to ever so slightly rub on the chain,,, the chains will never fall into the spokes.

👍

Free Don Free
Those should be just the right type of plastic that doesn't fracture and split when it gets a good whack from something. Well, I'd expect, and hope, lol. 😅 You'll have take the now permanently open pails somewhere to dispose of them responsibly right away when you do this, of course. 🤔
Can't leave any chance of silhouette babies crawling into them. 😯

UPDATE:
A quick refresher since you guys took over this thread lol 😉 ...So, originally I had the engine sitting at the bottom of the frame, then I hiked the back end of it up to get the needed tension on the chain. You guys kindly poined out that's not a good idea so I'm trying something different. I realized this bike has a longer frame than 'normal', and I need to sit the engine higher up on the frame for the engine to be square, and chain tight.

Before I go any further, what do you guys think about this set up?
IMG_20200706_182359_6.jpg

Why not just mount it direct to the front, that is an accident waiting to happen. Good luck!

They are grade 8. I tried mounting at the bottom of the frame, with both front and back attached to the frame (as you can see in some pics early in the thread) but that wasn't working. This is the best idea I could come up with. The engine is firmly in place, doesn't budge at all 🤷

If you ride it like that... You better wrap yourself up like this.....................................
1lcq6l.jpg

Back