First build advice

I have no idea how I missed that with the search function, guess I should have just opened my eyes! :seenoevil: Thx, guess I do need Captain Obvious to save the day occasionally, lol.

Hi Primut, did you ever complete the build? If not, how far along are you?

I had actually posted somewhere else that life happened and I ended up having to take a gamble on a phatmoto. Of course I tinkered and modded the motor as much as I could, but still got bored so I'm finishing up a revamp on it right now. Put some flame pattern Vee rubber tires on it, motorcycle handlebars with new throttle/Killswitch/mirrors, and swapped the 79cc lifan for a 212cc Ducar from dynocams with the PVL flywheel, upgraded the carb to a Mikuni TM24 flatslide and the exhaust to a straight pipe(which I might swap out for something with a muffler after hearing it on the break-in this morning, it's police attractingly loud), changed the rear sprocket to a 40t and put a 16t max torque clutch on it for a 9:1 overall gear ratio, and I'm just waiting on the mail for longer brake cables before it's ready to ride again. I've also got a 30 series cvt that's going on after I settle on which new jackshaft bearings to get and how I'm going to fabricate or modify the cover for the extended length from the PTO shaft to the built in jackshaft, I've already got the right belt for the setup. I suspect I'm going to need an even wider bb to clear the cover on that, but can't say for sure until the rest is done so I can mock it up. Also strongly suspect that by then I'll have decided that the brakes will need to be upgraded to hydraulic. After that I'll be looking at engine mods like a new cam/billet rod/springs to get the rpm up. So I'll be riding again by the weekend, but I don't know that I'll ever be "done" lol.

I'm dealing with a back injury atm, but when it's rolling again this weekend I'll take some pics to post.

Sorry to hear about your back, hope you get better soon. I look forward to seeing the pictures of your bike. I am also looking at the Phatmoto rover. I am also working on a build myself. This is actually my first build. So far I have a faker/felt 3.4L frame, a 212cc predator engine and complete 4 stroke jackshaft kit from Ghetto Bikes.

Primut, you and I have a lot in common, back problems and all.

I have a Lifan 212cc engine, intending to using a shift kit.

I see you moved up to 212cc power.

Still planning for a shift kit?

If you do, ya might not need CVT.

Multispeed cassettes' lower gears multiply torque, as does CVT.

You and I will realize if the multispeed chain, the weakest link, survives 212cc engine power.

If mine fails more than once, I'll probably upgrade to an 8-speed internal hub and #40 chain and sprocket.

Sorry to hear about your back, hope you get better soon. I look forward to seeing the pictures of your bike. I am also looking at the Phatmoto rover. I am also working on a build myself. This is actually my first build. So far I have a faker/felt 3.4L frame, a 212cc predator engine and complete 4 stroke jackshaft kit from Ghetto Bikes.

petey, let us know how u progress.

I love 212cc engine builds.

Back