First build complete!

Rigs

Local time
2:44 PM
Hello everyone. Just finished my first build last weekend and having a blast! Used a Huffy Cranbrook from Walmart and ordered a 66cc Skyhawk from bikenet.com with CNS carb. Took about 5 hours to build in total. Spent late nights in the garage after my little ones went to bed. Added a front brake, speedometer and fuel filter to the gas line.

It fired up after a few tries and I have about 20 miles on it. My neighbor saw it and plans on making one this winter. I'm already planning on building another one so I don't have to ride alone all the time.

Attachments

• HuffyCranbrook3.jpg
    HuffyCranbrook3.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 182
  • HuffyCranbrook2.jpg
    HuffyCranbrook2.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 158
  • HuffyCranbrookmoped1.jpg
    HuffyCranbrookmoped1.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 171
Looks great .What did the whole thing set you back?
I found a nice one already built for $400.I think he might take a little less.

Its funny how many people have gotten this exact bike at walmart, i got the same one this summer for $75 added $185 motor from bikeberry and it works pretty good. i liked how you fixed the rear fender by shortening it for the chain,I just cut alittle off the side is all on mine. But you are missing your front fender , it makes your bike not as attractive ,Plus i see you used the supplied over sized front mount . It works but not as cool as could have been done for a front mount.

Did you have any issues with the brake arm hitting the bolt heads on your rear hub ? That area frustrated me till I just welded the darn thing.

The back fender is actually the front fender turned around. I like the look of not having a front fender and read a few horror stories of the bracket breaking and guys taking nasty spills. No issues with the back brake arm. I should have planned the front mount better but I wanted to get it done and my time is limited with 3 little ones running around. The engine is holding solid and I check the bolts before each ride. Nothing has come loose yet.

Yea i know what ya mean when you said you just wanted it done,here is a pic of my cranbrook that is identical to yours. Oh by the way , that nice tan thread on the seat will rip on you in a very short time. My lasted two miles before it started to come off the seat.

Attachments

• 3rd build.JPG
    3rd build.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Very nice. Like the tan painted pieces and where you put the tank. By chance, do you remember the maker of the rear rack? Looks good and so many out there are flimsy pieces of junk.

Thanks, the rack was off an older huffy i got at a yard sale I had intended to motorize until I found the cranbrook. The tank that came with the motor I stuffed into that rear bike bag to hide it, just something I wanted to test out to hide the ugly tanks that come with kits is all.

I like cruiser style looking bikes best . Yea the cranbrook is cheaply made , all the bolts were loose on it when i got it , and also the left crank pedal was cross threaded and fell off on me, I also just welded it . LOL Its just a el cheapo build so i took some chances on it as far as welding things to it, they turned out but my next one will get better. They say practice makes perfect, this is my 3rd build,Im working my way up to something similar to a whizzer or indian style bike.

Last edited:
here is the front mount I made, some people dont like rubber being used on the mount but it works for me.

Attachments

• DSC06631.JPG
    DSC06631.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC06632.JPG
    DSC06632.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 187
  • DSC06633.JPG
    DSC06633.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 137
Back