First build, First ride, Incredible!!!

GonzoOn2Wheels

Local time
4:04 AM
Just finished my first build, lots of trial and error, finally got the thing done and went on two test rides and couldnt be happier! Had a few problems with chain tension and fuel leakage but other than that i cant wait to break her in and let loose. My roommate wants to build one now too :)
c

heres a pic :p

Attachments

• 0803081753b.jpg
    0803081753b.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 432
Last edited:
Just finished my first build, lots of trial and error, finally got the thing done and went on two test rides and couldnt be happier! Had a few problems with chain tension and fuel leakage but other than that i cant wait to break her in and let loose. My roommate wants to build one now too :)
c

heres a pic :p

Looks great - the colour of the bike is good too.. two problems from that picture though - I wouldnt recommend QR axles - specially on the back where the power is going through. If you can replace the quick release skewers with solid axles.. several of the manufacturers advise this, including Golden Eagle.

Have fun with the bike and remember to keep an eye on studs, fixings etc. Ride safe and remember safety equipment... 30mph falls can hurt.. I have the bruises to prove it at the moment..

Jemma xx

looks solid. I prefer the clutch on top of the brake but everyones setup is unique for what works for them. I think the QR is okay-it looks like they are for mountain bikes and just make sure you are locking them down correctly and check them frequently but for goodness sake-point the levers facing aft

Jemma, glad you are okay. If you show your bruise I'll show you my first engine fin burns on my left knee:D I has initiated myself.

Yeah they are great fun. I have a motorbike too (Suzuki SV1000) which I have hardly ridden for the past 8 months. I've had too much fun on the motored bicycle. Might get rid of the Suzuki eventually as it costs a fortune in rego, insurance and maintenance and I'm hardly using it.

looks solid. I prefer the clutch on top of the brake but everyones setup is unique for what works for them. I think the QR is okay-it looks like they are for mountain bikes and just make sure you are locking them down correctly and check them frequently but for goodness sake-point the levers facing aft

Jemma, glad you are okay. If you show your bruise I'll show you my first engine fin burns on my left knee:D I has initiated myself.

Just put the clutch on top, i road dirtbikes growing up and found that i was grabbing the brake more often than the clutch today doing my test rides. i will let you know how it feels tommorow.
thanks for the tip

Last edited:
Have fun with the bike and remember to keep an eye on studs, fixings etc. Ride safe and remember safety equipment... 30mph falls can hurt.. I have the bruises to prove it at the moment..

Jemma xx

My daughter took a tumble last night and got her first road rash. I threw down my bike and ran back to check on her and in the process broke off the plate that holds on my center kick stand. 20 mph is pretty fast on a bike.

pics or it didn't happen

How easily those words flow.:whistle:

LOL, that's funny.

I don't post pics; my friend Hawaii Ed shoots my bike when he visits me.

And a LOT of stuff's happening, lol.

Good job, Gonzo!

Might I suggest a 3-way petcock between the tank and carb? That way, you can drain the gas before bringing the bike indoors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back