First Build, have a few questions

I'm right there with you buddy. I have a beautiful baby girl that I absolutely need to come home too. I didn't venture out of the neighborhood without having a helmet. I asked and received some mirrors for Christmas, but they don't really work with the MB due to the fact that they "plug" into the end of the handlebars, so I definitely will be buying some compatible ones because turning around wearing the helmet just doesn't feel comfortable.

My wife did get me a light that has a speedometer on it as well. Is this what you meant by bicycle computer?

Also, I forgot to ask in my other message: I don't have the killswitch connected and have just brought the bike to a stop, and letting off the clutch to kill the engine. Is this very bad for the engine? I lost one of the caps for the connectors and just got the spark plug connected.

Also, what is engine braking on a 1 geared engine? I saw someone saying that engine braking was detrimental to these engines, but is that just referring to not giving gas as I'm letting off the clutch? Excuse my ignorance
Helmet mirrors work very well also. I often secure my bike near structure entryways. So anytime I'm on a pedestrian pathway I kill my engine. Very easy to do with a kill switch. You have a great attitude. Sounds like we'll be helping with signal lights soon.

Before the Sidewinder, I had the LandRider which shifted 7 human/engine-driven gears automatically. On the LR it had rim brakes. I'm 235 lbs and live in the mountainsins of Tennessee. Really good pads will cost around $40 and last about 6 months. You're going to be going faster so learn to bump brake to slow down. This will keep the rims from overheating and busting a tube.

When you're ready we can help you upgrade to disc brakes. Stopping is way more important than going fast.

I can't knowledgeably answer about the heads since I have always run stock heads, and my present motor is a Phantom 85 which is a one piece jug, (no separate head), There are others here in the forums that will be able to answer questions on the head for you.

As far as carby's are concerned, I use the JRL BoFeng carby's which are built better and tougher than the stock NTs with a good emulsion tube set up inside with the jet that has very much improved smooth throttle response through all throttle ranges, I am quite pleased with mine and no modification is required as it is the same physical size as the stock NT, just much better is all...And it is only 11.99 at Amazon...lol.

This air filter with the JRL BoFeng carby is all I have ever needed for good performance.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
You better hurry if you want that air filter... unfortunately Sick Bike Parts will be closing shop this weekend (if they follow their announced schedule).
Thanks for the intel as I didn't realize that. Would there be any difference between that air filter and something like this? Shipping is almost as expensive as the actual filter, and not sure I can justify over $20 for something that I could attain for significantly cheaper from amazon.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
You'll have to modify the Amazon one. Notice the screw holes in the SBP one. That said... I would still recommend the SBP one... chances are good you'll get a little extra schwag for your efforts... the last two purchases I made from them, Pablo sent me extra schwag... your miles may vary however (I make no promises!).

FWIW... I do have a modified version of what you linked attached to my first motorized bike. It will work... but you'll have to do some drilling...

You'll have to modify the Amazon one. Notice the screw holes in the SBP one. That said... I would still recommend the SBP one... chances are good you'll get a little extra schwag for your efforts... the last two purchases I made from them, Pablo sent me extra schwag... your miles may vary however (I make no promises!).

FWIW... I do have a modified version of what you linked attached to my first motorized bike. It will work... but you'll have to do some drilling...
Thank you for your response and explanation, but why would I not be able to just tighten the strap around it to secure it to the carburetor? Looking at CDHPower's site, none of them have those screws?

Thank you for spoonfeeding me, I'm obviously still learning.

Thank you for your response and explanation, but why would I not be able to just tighten the strap around it to secure it to the carburetor? Looking at CDHPower's site, none of them have those screws?

Thank you for spoonfeeding me, I'm obviously still learning.

If you're not learning, you're dying. Stay a live longer, learn something new when ever you can.

Couldn't tell you if the rubber fits or not as I didn't have the room... which is often the case.

Tang.jpg

Back