First build of a Schwinn Avenue Hybrid

Well, this is my first build and I think this thing is going to be so much fun. I have taken a few short rides already, but the stinkin' weather doesn't want to cooperate. I still couldn't resist though even at 20 degrees outside. :cool:
I still have some odds and ends to do to get everything finished up, but the hard part is done.

Now let me see if I can figure out how to post some pix.

Gary

Attachments

• DSC00733.jpg
    DSC00733.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 2,637
  • 0215002041.jpg
    0215002041.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 1,683
Thanks for the comments!

No issues with the aftermarket kick stand as far as clearance with the chain. I need to take some better pictures. I have a lot of pictures that I taken each step along the way, but I haven't got very many pictures now that I have this thing operational.

I will try to take some better outdoor shots and add them to my post.

Gary

Tidy build. Take some pics of your intake. Looks like you had to make some intake mods to fit that tight frame.

Attachments

• DSC00871.jpg
    DSC00871.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 855
Last edited:
Gary you are my man! I had no idea that you could get an offset intake.

I have been having an extremely hard time finding a bike that will work because the carb gets in the way. The offset intake will solve my problem!!!

Funny how you can help someone without even knowing it lol

I afraid of your tires, the spokes! With my many different rims being warped year after year (it seems like now), It makes me want to warn you to keep an extra eye on them.

Gary you are my man! I had no idea that you could get an offset intake.

I have been having an extremely hard time finding a bike that will work because the carb gets in the way. The offset intake will solve my problem!!!

Funny how you can help someone without even knowing it lol

No problem....thats what it is all about. I am not sure if it would be any help or not, but I saw a 90 degree intake on ebay a few days ago.....so basically your air intake will be positioned 90 degrees from your engine. I may have went that route if I would have found it before I found the one on GasBike.

Gary

Back