First build on my Fuji 10-speed

This is my first motored bike build. I bought a gasbike 4-stroke Hua Sheng 49cc kit off craigslist from someone who said he was not mechanically adept to install on his bicycle. Lots of vibration, I think I need fatter tires. How wide can i get on the 26" 10-speed wheels, - 1 3/8's? I switched out the 10-speed handlebars with a wider and higher comfort bars. I took my first ride around the block. Chain has been coming off. The guides are on angles on the bicycle frame wheres the chain is straight to the transmission. It may be popping off on the transmission sprocket. Why is my transmission only engaging when I have some choke on? If there is no choke, the engine spin with my throttle handle but it doesn't engage the gearing.

Attachments

• P1010528.JPG
    P1010528.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 536
  • P1010530.JPG
    P1010530.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 374
  • P1010531.JPG
    P1010531.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 403
  • P1010532.JPG
    P1010532.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
Looks like no pedaling and one foot position.Be careful in turns.

Yeah, no pedal but I can get a 2 foot position on the pedals. How much do you end up pedaling? I would have to get a wider crank if I want to peddle. I have to solve why the transmission won't engage unless I have a mild choke on, What's up with that?

Yeah, no pedal but I can get a 2 foot position on the pedals. How much do you end up pedaling? I would have to get a wider crank if I want to peddle
I pedal A LOT.To start off, and accelerating so I save my belt.Under speed, I can get into high/high and fly, makes the engine sing around 40.
The reason you may want the ability, depending on the legal bullstuff in your area, if it don't pedal it's not a bike (technically).
I don't do frame builds, not a clue on the bizarro problem, someone will chime in eventually.

the choke is just a lever and flap and has absolutely no connection to the gearbox, correct?

the solution, my friend?

i got no freakin idea :(

take it apart and have a peek inside.

smack the thing with a hammer ;)

you shouldna have to pedal. i pedal just to keep up the pretence.

get the tensioner as close to the sprocket as possible, it does help hold them on. chain coming off drive sprocket on motor is invariably bad line up/outta square. a chain can be surprisingly loose and stay on :)

Back