First Build Progress

So I started this build about a week ago, it was a DIY kit using a Micargi Touch with a 66/80cc Black Dragon Fire engine with muffled expansion exhaust. After much trial and error with help from the great members of this forum she is up and running great! Tomorrow I add brakes instead of using Coaster brake. Next in the plan is copper head gasket, hub mount sprocket, upgraded head, and possible a different exhaust. Today I got it tuned and added the lights and that nice lil 49cc plate. Pics incoming! (boost bottle shown in the daylight pics has been removed)

Single lever hand brakes and Improv engineered Air horn added. Air horn was made from a cheap truck air horn(w'o compressor), extra tubing, balloon inflater, wire protector sleeve, electrical tape, and many zip ties. The future plan is to find a different way to pressure the horn....and holy crap while typing this I had a possible brilliant idea to do it! I update when more work is done.

For the air horn, you can maybe use one of those little co2 canister inflaters and just remove the schrader valve from the stem and run a tube to the air horn with a button on the handlebar. Not sure how many horn blasts you will get per can, but if you don't use the horn often it may be good enough...plus it will take up way less space and not need any batteries. The canisters are dirt cheap to keep a spare or two on deck.

Funny you suggested that, lol. I actually did just that today. It works grea and very loud. Only trouble is the one I have(the cheap slime one from walmart) slowly leaks air from the valve(using a pool toy style tip). I am considering tyring to make a pressure chamber like on my compression cannon (air powered spud gun) and use a compressor trigger nozzle with a valve stem to pressurized via either the co2 canisters, my 5lb c02 tank, or a hand pump. I will tinker around and come up with something, lol.

Back