First build thoughts on my engine mount

Dandrax

Local time
5:45 AM
This is my first build i acquired a bike with a 2 stroke on it and after taking the it apart i decided id just get a new one because the cylinder walls gettin some wear. This bike and motor was terrible whoever had it did not take care of it. So I decide to take apart the bike as well as cleaned, sanded, painted(galaxy colorshift), reassembed
and regreased everything.l. Also got new slim tubes tires, cables, brakes, seat, I honestly should of just got a new bike idk what i was thinking. The new motor i purchased and am installing is the
Zeda 80 Complete 2 Stroke 80cc Bicycle Engine Kit - Triple 40 Motorized Gas Bike - Firestorm Edition plus 36 sprocket hub adapter plus spacer adapter, performance head, carb and exhaust
I had a problem with both tubes being a tad to big like it almost fit and what it looks like the person did to fit on the old engine was they bent the studs just abit anyways this is what i did. I need to still get a ubolt that will fit on thr seat tube but i put one there so you can see what goes there. read you arent suppose to use rubber but i did my instructions manual said to but not sure exactly where.
FADA8A49-0FD3-41E4-9B73-B3F178BF7A8A.jpeg
0A516198-70E6-4BDF-80D0-BC22B916B773.jpeg
DC9736BD-B0D3-4F56-AC14-2DFD4118BEEF.jpeg

So its solid other than that? Is it possible to bend the studs just a smidge or is that something you dont wanna do.

Also what should they be torqued at?
I just wanna get this thing on the rd while the roads are clear of snow

So its solid other than that? Is it possible to bend the studs just a smidge or is that something you dont wanna do.
id just replace the studs if there bent, because chances are there cracked internally now, so they wont be as strong as before (not that there the fines to begin with)
i wouldnt want to bend the stud if i were you, its better to use a u bracket.

You need that saddle shaped upper part, not just a (thin?!) U bolt and a flat plate. Look for a M6 or 1/4" thread muffler clamp in the size you need. You can also do something much better with the rear mount.

The saddle part of the muffler clamp can be improved with a piece of metal tubing to cover those blade like edges (actually I used epoxy because I had no tube) and you can use the tubing to support the u bolt too, to help protect against denting (crushing) the frame tube which would severely weaken it. You should still be careful to not overtighten the muffler clamp on the tube.

Epoxy resin version, but use metal tube if you can:

Please don't rush the job to get it on the (wet) road before the snow. The road will still be there waiting for you in the spring. 🥰

It's nearly Christmas! 🥳🎄

Last edited:
They are right- you already spent plenty of time and money to make a nice bike. Don't cheap out now. $30 to know it's right sounds like money well spent-and once you torque things down they shouldn't slide around and scratch your paint. which looks nice by the way.

And re: torque specs- "Torque specs motorized bike" brought me here- https://motorbicycling.com/threads/kit-torque-specs.56595/
Some guys will bark if you ask questions that are easy to find.
Welcome, Merry Christmas, be safe.

They are right- you already spent plenty of time and money to make a nice bike. Don't cheap out now. $30 to know it's right sounds like money well spent-and once you torque things down they shouldn't slide around and scratch your paint. which looks nice by the way.

And re: torque specs- "Torque specs motorized bike" brought me here- https://motorbicycling.com/threads/kit-torque-specs.56595/
Some guys will bark if you ask questions that are easy to find.
Welcome, Merry Christmas, be safe.

Merry Christmas Doc! 🎅

You need that saddle shaped upper part, not just a (thin?!) U bolt and a flat plate. Look for a M6 or 1/4" thread muffler clamp in the size you need. You can also do something much better with the rear mount. The rd was dry for a while except today it had to snow.. i dont think any stores where i live have those i didnt just buy the first thing i found. I oreilys had 3 sizes but smallest is 2 1/4 diameter is what like 57mm and my front tube is 45

The saddle part of the muffler clamp can be improved with a piece of metal tubing to cover those blade like edges (actually I used epoxy because I had no tube) and you can use the tubing to support the u bolt too, to help protect against denting (crushing) the frame tube which would severely weaken it. You should still be careful to not overtighten the muffler clamp on the tube.

Epoxy resin version, but use metal tube if you can:

Please don't rush the job to get it on the (wet) road before the snow. The road will still be there waiting for you in the spring. 🥰

It's nearly Christmas! 🥳🎄

Back