First Build

So after lurking here a bit and picking up some useful info I finished my first bike today. It's got an 80(70?)cc motor from Spooky. I ditched the back wheel and got a heavier duty wheel from a local shop, couldn't find black to match the front but you can't win them all. After some adjustments to the back sprocket to keep the chain from popping off I took it for a spin. I've got a minor leak from the carb so I'll do some more digging through the forums for fixes for that, but other than that 2 thumbs up. Thanks for all the great info, this bike's going to be a blast!
-J

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    403.8 KB · Views: 529
Nice clean looking build. Your MB looks comfortable. If your carb keeps bribbling maybe
your float is over filliing slightly. If so, You can adjust it as-per my picture below.
Anyways, great job on the birth of another MB. graucho

Attachments

• float adj_pin.jpg
    float adj_pin.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 289
Thanks, I'll give that a shot. It's a slow drip that just accumulates at the bottom, I can't figure where it's coming from. The overfill sounds like it could be it.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. It's a slow drip that just accumulates at the bottom, I can't figure where it's coming from. The overfill sounds like it could be it.

Turns out it was a hairline crack in the carb. Some gas resistant seal all did the trick.

Back