First Build

New to the concept, but definitely having fun building this. Still have some work to do (disc brakes, better tensioner system, wide crossover stand, drum up the nads to ride it), but I think I’ve navigated a few of the mismatches and frustrations.

E567E815-62AB-4755-8EDD-A86DB3A275F9.jpeg

That was the first reed valve I used and like Gary said I didn't really notice much improvement. It's a very small reed and depending on your cylinder doesn't fit very well.
The bgf style Reed valves have come down in price quite a bit on aliexpress. The reeds are much bigger and it made a big difference on my bike.

That was the first reed valve I used and like Gary said I didn't really notice much improvement. It's a very small reed and depending on your cylinder doesn't fit very well.
The bgf style Reed valves have come down in price quite a bit on aliexpress. The reeds are much bigger and it made a big difference on my bike.
I agree, I think the 4 peddle reed valves work better than the small 2 peddle ones. Thanks for the link!

Went for a short ride today. Made 1.6 miles (only 46kph, top, ‘cause I’m old 🤣), didn’t crash into anything, but convinced my hands need to give this up. I don’t have the strength in ‘em, anymore. Trying to decide whether to sell this, or...

Went for a short ride today. Made 1.6 miles (only 46kph, top, ‘cause I’m old 🤣), didn’t crash into anything, but convinced my hands need to give this up. I don’t have the strength in ‘em, anymore. Trying to decide whether to sell this, or...
awe that's disappointing about yer mitts. Would a suspension fork help? And maybe a suspension stem. I have tendonitis in my elbows so I feel your pain about riding. Maybe a motorized trike is the way to go. If you end up selling it don't be a stranger I always enjoy your comments and satire.
Cheers.

awe that's disappointing about yer mitts. Would a suspension fork help? And maybe a suspension stem. I have tendonitis in my elbows so I feel your pain about riding. Maybe a motorized trike is the way to go. If you end up selling it don't be a stranger I always enjoy your comments and satire.
Cheers.
Indeed- I am sorry and surprised. I wish you well with whatever you choose to pursue.

First try foam grips with weighted bar ends. Motorcycles use weighted bar ends which cut down fatigue a TON.

My biggest pet peeve about 2 strokes is the vibration. Makes my hands hurt and after long rides it still feels like I'm riding for a half hour after I get off.

Back