first install in stingray chopper

N

nachosavage

hi ppl

i`m planning my first install, it`s a 48cc chinese on a stingray chopper.

I was wondering, does anyone has some tips, blueprints or basic guidelines.?

any help will be apreciated.

greetings from down south, Nacho

Iam just recieved mine and about to do conversion these is mob called livefast that has customer engine mounts and rear hub sprockets etc etc all for schwinn stingray chopper

Chieflets

hi look on ebay for a motor mount just type in motorized bikes and youll find it live fast motors has a kit for the stingray motor mount sprocket etc check it out there is also a motor mount from a guy names barry on ebay but you have to drill into the frame with that one i belive you also have to use a 48 tooth sprocket so that it will fit past the brake caliper one kit ,,,you dont need the chain tensioner (barrys mount) and the other one (livefast) yo have to use the chain tensioner . i perfer no chain tensioner myself i like to use the chaintesioners on the axle that you tighten up with the nut on the end works better. also you will need a longer muffler to get around the crank. larry ca

141_027_1.jpg

whats the question

i have purchased the complete occ schwinn kit from livefast, but the stuff is cheap, the only reason i purchased from him was because l live 45 minutes from the guy and didn't have to pay for shipping. anyway the kit will run 400$ and will get you going for now. there is some good stuff in the kit like hub adapter for your sprocket, throttle with kill switch. here is a pic of my schwinn "stealth" chopper. l have 3 different exhaust, 1 straight pipe"thunder pipe" which is really f+%+ loud, 1 from livefast which is ok, and the new l got from spookytoothcycles.com which was really easy to install and bend to fit perfect on the bike, roland sells good stuff from his web site. anyway here is a pic of my bike. and if you have a question just ask..........
325_IMG_0705_1.jpg

View attachment 50062
I used Barry's engine mount and it works great but you do have to drill the frame. I also used the Livefast rear hub. The Stingrays end up looking great and are a kick to ride but the brakes suck. The front one works pretty well but that rear brake is just about useless. Don't get me wrong it will stop as long as you are planning far ahead. Then again I knew that before I put an engine in mine. I have seen some with just rear brakes I guess you must stop those with your Fred Flintstone braking system.

thanks everyone for you comments and sugestions.

i'm planning to start working on it this weekend, i'll try to keep you posted.

BTW, can you guys send some up close shots of your instals.?

greetings.

Last edited by a moderator:
here are some close up pictures

325_IMG_0573_1.jpg

325_IMG_0606_1.jpg

these are some pic of the engine mount and chain tensioner, i had to use the chain tensioner to stop the chain from hitting my back brakes and used livefast motor mount, but be carefull because if you tighten the head bolt to the motor mount to much, they will snap off like mine did. l have recently purchased a motor mount from barry on ebay item#270091421386 l will be putting this on my occ stingray trike chopper, i will let you know how it works, when l get the time to put it on the bike and use it.

Back