first install in stingray chopper

141_017_1.jpg

this is what barrys motor mount looks like you have to drill the frame to install but you dont need to use the chain tensioner the chain fits inbetween the brake caliper to the 48 tooth sprocket wont fit if you use the 44 tooth sprocket then you have to use a chaintensioner it is a tight fit but it works well larry ca

the engine seems to be off center. like an inch or two to the left. am I right?

greetings

nachosavage said:
the engine seems to be off center. like an inch or two to the left. am I right?

greetings

You are right that is so the chain will clear the wide rear tire.

So you've got me hooked Im gonna strap one of these bad boys onto my $13 K-mart special chopper. I was just wondering what size engines you guys are using. I was looking at the Grubee or Dax engines any Ideas?

so will a 55cc give me the same basic torque as and 80cc

On simpsons motorbikes...the 80 is cheaper so should i go with the 80cc or go for more RPM with the 55cc? Thanks for the help

You get more low end torque at the cost of added vibration out of the larger displacement engines. The top speed is about the same.

well, I'v got everything ready so start working.

no pictures yet, but i'll try to keep you posted.

first thing I notice is that the holes it hte sprocket wont fit. so the fist task will be spacers and drilling.

greetings. Nacho

Last edited by a moderator:
could someone post some pics of their chopper's rear wheel with and/or without the hub adapter thing? I was just wondering how necessary this adapter is and If i could do it myself. Thanks guys! :D

Back