First motorized bike...worked one day only

digitalvizion

Local time
2:30 AM
I own this bike right here and it only has worked 1 day and come this Sunday it will be 1 week where it worked 1 day only thru an entire week and its ****ing me off.

Got it last Sunday and thru the night it worked great. Come Monday morning about 530am Im riding about a mile and half from my house. Feel really wobbly from the back of the bike. I pull to the side, I have a flat, oh **** this sucks, i cant get to work today....Call for a ride and when ride gets there, Im just about to put bike in trunk and I notice the exhaust is gone and it was there when I left...WTF? Cmon China...I didnt assemble it but damn your parts fall off like that? Now come wednesday evening new exhaust comes in. I go to shop and get 2 new tubes and 2 new tires for bike. Get home and put exhaust on, put rims on. I start it up and it ran for not even a minute and died. Brought it back to house all of 10 feet away and saw the clutch cable broke. Ok now im ****ed, the person i bought it from didnt know **** about this stuff or hes on a quick hustle. Since then I have read everything I can about these motorized ga powered bikes and have learned everything about them.

Only thing I have no figured out is why mine WONT ****ING START!!!!!!

Can anyone help me at all? Ive taken everything apart and literally rebuilt it....I cant find anything wrong

Attachments

• Photo on 4-25-13 at 10.46 PM.jpg
    Photo on 4-25-13 at 10.46 PM.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 472
The first thing - see if it will run with the kill switch removed. Also, it is a possibility the gas cap needs venting. See if it will will run with the gas cap off. Unfortunately, it could be many things, so you'll have to do some trouble shooting.

Here's a couple no start guides to help:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aBeJuoS--VQWwXysc07rpscTUbPzgc93xjiQBgsyFjc/edit
http://www.grubeeinc.com/USA/2 cycle engine trouble shooting guide.html

Here's some pre-install tips that might help, so you don't have trouble in the future or lose any more parts on the road:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GcesQihc7-mm3hJGf7UPiqOaRXZ8ekUT99QUZq2qXXE/edit

Good Luck,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

how i find out out about the kill switch? ive been thinking secondly of that...how di i go by doing that? id like to get it done so I can get back to tryng to find work.

Digitalvizion, you must keep banging your head against a brick wall for another 2 years.
That is how long it took me to find good reliability.

You will need to sink to the depths of despair before climbing out of the hole some many, many months later with a bike that runs and starts first time every time.

Don't try and jump the gun thinking that the engine should run and run reliably just because it has all the correctly installed component parts.
You need to go through the misery and pain and suffering and pure heartbreak before your engine will decide (yes it has a personality and for the first 12 months it hates you with a passion that cannot be described by the worst swear words) to operate with intermittent levels of reliability.

I don't know how your kill switch is wired, but here's a diagram showing how it maybe connected:
Kill switch.jpg

Just disconnect the black wire and blue wires from the switch circuit. Make sure the black and blue wires are still connected to the CDI unit. If this simple task is a challenge for you, I would recommend asking someone with mechanical experience for help. This is just one step that may be the cause of your problem. Trying to help you troubleshoot and explaining how to do it is too time consuming over the Internet, PM, forums, etc.

Good Luck,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

well i dont think its the kill switch mainly bc of that fact that the clutch arm for engaging or disengaging broke too...i fixed that but now it dont click

1) push the bike at least 10 feet. does it turn the engine over?
2) is the spark plug tip wet? If not then you have a gasoline delivery problem
3)in a low light situation hold the spark plug onto the head metal-to-metal. push the bike to turn over the engine and see if you are getting spark

if there is gas and spark then all you gotta check is compression. check bolts for head and intake manifold. if those are tight then you have to remove the primary gear and the magneto to check the seals for leaks by spraying them with soapy water and turning the engine over with spark plug removed and see if any bubbles form. sometimes the right side seal caught on the shaft lip at assembly in factory and never sealed right. you can ease it into place with a feeler gauge.

Finally after an entire week and reading so many threads in this forum, I went and picked up an el cheapo Huffy off craigslist near my city...Spent about 4 hours tonight putting it together. IT WORKS AGAIN!!!

Im so happy an so thrilled....I also had to rebuilt this new motor bc China's assembly is ****ing garbage and their bike frames are a joke....

All in all though, it works..... :)

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 337
Back