first ride, horrible mileage!!!

reed valves, and other dirt-bike ideas

Hi there are NO fancy carbs designed for these engines. I and others have an up-grade carb, from another application, that is multiple jet, but, you can forget reed valves unless you want to carve open your barrel, weld in a box, and adapt reeds from another application. China will never do this for this engine, these are a dead china product. Dead in this case means, non-developing.

Mike

Herrmanator8 said:
ive realized the "tickle button" works better than the "tipping on its side...i just tip my dirtbike on its side because it doesnt have a primer. anyway, forget that...i just need a new carburetor overall, one thats good quality, with reed valves and jets for under $50.00

although i sealed the bowl, with some form a gasket which works on gasket seals, but i covered the tube insert for the gas line with it and put a ziptie around the piece but the gas just eats through the gasket seal...that gas is tough, it ate through one of my BLITZ gas containers and covered my garage floor with gas...

anyway thanks for the help so far and if anyone could do some research for a nice high performance carburetor for me thats under $50.00 please p.m. me or reply to this thread

thanks, jon

There are heaps of people who have got the carb to work fine, if you aren't willing to try some things with this one how will you go fitting and jetting an aftermarket carb?

For the gaskets you need a fuel safe sealant...

okay, i took the entire carb apart, cleaned it up, sealed everything and "ghetto rigged" an air filter by taking a staples brand paperclip holder, a chunk of foam and a load of electrical tape and binding them all together to making a decent air filter... it was mainly leaking from the point where the tube goes into the carburetor and the fuel filter was leaking, cheap chinese crap... anyway i think ill try some of the suggestions i have recieved from all of you and fix up my carb and get as much out of it as i can before i get another one. i have plenty of time to work on this because in the mean time, im replacing all my bolts and cleaning my case.

Thanks, jon

Back