First ride to work- 16 miles, cold

H

HoughMade

Normally its 13.8 miles to work, but I took the back roads, so it was a bit over 16.

The Honda/Grubee HoughMade 71 ran perfectly (maybe a little too perfectly...a lawyer can't ever take anything at face value).

It cruises effortlessly at 20 to 30 and there is where I kept it. It tops out close to 40, but it takes a long time to get there and....why? The springer smoothed things out a bit...but the frost heaved Northwest Indiana roads makes things tough. It pulled well up 2 hills I was a little concerned about (using the 48 tooth sprocket, rather than the hill-centric 56).

I crossed US-30, which is a major artery in this area- around rush hour...and boy did it get the looks!

I've been fielding props since people started getting to the office.

It was abou 59 degrees this morning....fine at rest, but cold at speed. Looking forward to a 80 degree ride home.

Last edited by a moderator:
have a great day at work HoughMade

yes - as I remember back to the old working days

that nice ride home on my motor bike -- that's what we like !!!!

Makes a guy - or lady - forget -- that they were ever at work !!!!

I would think -- that's close to a perfect distance traveled for you
don't want to get there too fast -- enjoying the ride...

Ride That Thing - Mountainman

Last edited:
Took a different route home that was a little over 20 miles- ran great! Not as cold. I'm going to like this.

beautiful looking build you have there houghmade i commend your skills, me i would probably internally combust if i tried to make a cool ride, i think i will stick to kits, i can just about manage to get those fitted.

Interesting to see the distance u travel in a year,probably more than u think.

Pretty soon you'll be looking for a 30 mile route.:D

yes - that's what we MB ers do
fun
to just add a little more distance to our destination
a little longer ride
more time on the seat -- sounds of the sweet little engine

sights before the eyes - that lady has nice thighs

keep the mind on the road - before we loose the load

TAKE THE LONG WAY HOME

ride that thing Mountainman

It frosted here a couple of times. Its much colder on a MB than pedaling alone! I need to look into getting or makin' a wind screen.

Back