First Ride!

looks like one smooth ride, ross'...nice work on that front-strap :cool:

sturdy wheels are everything, no matter the style of drive. at a minimum, even the cheapest of "105G" steel wheels will last a good long time.

Last edited:
Hi Ross -- Welcome -- some cards made up to hand out -- that's a good idea -- so many enjoy seeing our MBs and wish to know more -- two of my friends are already looking into -- possibly joining IN THE FUN RIDE.. Happy Riding from - Mountainman

Thanks for the compliments augidog and mountainman,

It's wierd not riding... spokes should be here by Monday. Took a few minutes longer to get to work today by CAR! Ha!

The Schwinn bike has alloy wheels. Augidog... are you saying they will not be strong enough with the 12 gauge spokes? You mention steel wheels.

Ross

Dang, you REALLY got to talk to someone there? When I ordered my wheel, I sent emails, called every day for like 10 days. NEVER got an answer to emails or calls. But about 10 days later the wheel showed up.

Definitely!

I like the price on those.

When my spokes come in I'll be threading a wheel for the first time. Wish me luck... I'm following a youtube video. :cool:

Ross

Sorry Forbisher,

I meant to answer your question. The spokes broke right where they enter the nuts. Probably at the first thread on the spoke.

Ross

I ordered spokes 12 days ago from bikepartsusa.com. Was told they would get mailed the next day. I still don't have them. I've placed and received orders from two other companies for other non-related stuff in the same time frame. I'll call today but I am dissappointed. I need my bike back. It's my wheels to work.

Grrrr.

Ross

Just an update...

I called bikepartsusa.com and spent some time trying to track down whether they actually shipped my spokes to me. They could find no paperwork to say they had so they've re-shipped my spokes to me UPS ground. Likely another few days wait.

They have been friendly enough though I'm not to happy with my first experience with them.

One month waiting for my bike engine kit. Two weeks riding. Three weeks in dis-repair. **bother** The summer wanes away.

Ross

Back