First Ride!

The coil is behind the cover plate on the left lower front cover where the White, Blue and Black wires come out of the bottom front of the engine. The CDI came with the kit and has the spark plug lead and cap attached.

The plug cap pushes onto the plug. The wire screws into the CDI.

If either coil or CDI is bad and the kit new, yes they should warranty the part but not the whole engine. A coil problem is the reason why I have a BAD company to deal with in my signature. My coil went out the first day and I had the kit 3 days. They didn't want to replace a $10.00 part so I told them I'll trash their name. I have bought 3 kits since then and when I get a tracking number I send (E-Mail) a copy of it to those A-Holes. "See what you lost over a $10.00 part"

I got a GOOD plug wire and use this type of plug conector (picture) on my NGK plug..........

Attachments

• P8230145.jpg
    P8230145.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 174
  • P8230146.jpg
    P8230146.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Make a test light as the Fisherman said. I'd also try a new sparkplug. The old one could be wet, fouled or just no good, as the Chinese plugs are often junk. Do a search here on what NKG plug works, they are sooooo much better.

Ok, I tested the coil, and I got no fire out of each test. So the coil is bad?

If you did the test as I described then yes the coil is bad...Now about the CDI's condition?? You (with your limited equipment and experience) can only tell after replacing the coil.

When replacing the coil if you haven't done one, be careful. Once you take the 4 screws out and the wires clear you can take a pair of pliers and pull the coil straight out. You may have to jerk it away from the magnet. Upon installing, the magnet will grab the coil and turn it every way but loose. Use something like a ice pick to align one hole up to help. Be careful as to not strip the screw and or the hole.

Make a test light as the Fisherman said. I'd also try a new sparkplug. The old one could be wet, fouled or just no good, as the Chinese plugs are often junk. Do a search here on what NKG plug works, they are sooooo much better.

If you change the spark plug out you will have to change out the plug boot. The OEM boot will not fit over a new plug unless you can unscrew the top cap and you can't on a NGK. Lets do 1 thing at a time.

Last edited:
My spark plug boot went right over the screw on the top of the spark plug. The little silver cap screws right off. I'll post a picture tommorow.

Here is what I'm talking about. I just unscrewed that cap. Its hard but it comes off. I used a pait of pliers and just twisted gently. Thanks on a NGK plug.

Attachments

• P8230145.jpg
    P8230145.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Ive had no experience with these motors
But Ive had 3 chinese honda clones the first being mini chopper motor and the other 2 bought cheap for parts.
I found china hondas have less spark related problems when I put a stout copper earth wire lead between the head and the crankcase.
Saves the spark having to travel through steel bolts and gaskets and in my case a cast-iron bore

Back