First Ride

I just finished my first ride around the block with the new motor installed on my bike, which I might add, I had to rebuild from a Chopper bike I bought for the motor because it would not fit. (BIG mistake!) Anyway, I hope it gets better because it reminds me of a motorcycle a friend once discribed to me as "like riding an orbital sander"! It really does vibrate and also makes lots of noises. If this works, heres a picture of the bike.

The exhaust is weird looking because I modified it with EMT conduit for the chopper, and this is the best I could do re-making it for this bike.

Attachments

• 77_MVC012F_1.jpg
    77_MVC012F_1.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 532
Last edited by a moderator:
well, if you hadn't admitted to build problems, i never would've noticed...nice work 8)

yeah, some of that vibration will go away with break-in, take it easy 'til then :)

Thanks, augidog. About the break-in, how long should I "take it easy" and does it say in the instructions that you have what "taking it easy" is?

I mixed the first gallon of fuel with 7 oz. of oil, but don't really know what they consider taking it easy. I have not run it wide open but for just a few burst...less than 5 seconds.

Thanks Tom. I plan to make it better...just got tired of cutting and welding, but that's what I need to do more of to fix it. I also plan to install a speedo and some lights, just in case I get caught out in the dark.

reminds me of a bike i saw but they took the forks and dropped them realy low on the wheel and had like the extra sitting above the bars which the flipped it looked like a board track racer. it had a lower seat to

Bird,

I could easily lower the front, and I did cut about 3 1/2" off the forks from when they were on the chopper bike, and I may cut some more, but the seat is set where it fits me.

Nice bike

Hey, beautiful piece of work. You are probably getting all of that vigration from your fenders. I just stuck tooth picks in mine and got it to quit untill I heard of a guy on here who had a serious wreck with his fround fender getting jacked up in his spokes.

Back