first time builder

Osedax

Local time
2:45 AM
HI
New to this and all, live in north texas, decided to get tis instead of a 150cc scooter.the cost was the deciding factior, still in research mode , any suggestions on who has the (best:rolleyes:, easiest DIY) basic motor skills motor kits, I mean they look pretty much the same(china engine with usa parts ie tank,cables) thanks

Welcome to the forum. One reason people tend to buy a 2 stroke China girl for their first build is that it has 4:1 gear reduction built in to the engine (no jackshaft or external gearbox required). Most other engines will require a gearbox or jackshaft for gear reduction between the crankshaft and rear wheel. The exception is friction drive. There is adequate reduction between the drive roller and rear wheel on a friction drive kit.

welcome to the form I,m a Texan as well
Go 100% American made if you got the cash.
You do know in Texas to ride a (MB) Motorized Bicycle/Scooter under 50CC you have to have a Class M (Moped) Licenses,
Any MB/Moped over 50CC you have to have a motorcycle licenses in the State Of Texas
The kits are pretty simple for most to put on a bicycle.

When you get over 50CC on a MB/Moped it falls under the motorcycle rules, like front back breaks lights , turn signals and so on .
I believe you even have to register/safety inspect and insured them just like a motorcycle.

If I was you and had to have a Motorcycle Licenses, i would just get a small motorcycle.

Back