First time gas motorbiker!

justin.fiveash

Local time
11:58 AM
Hi. A couple of days ago I ordered my first gas motor bicycle kit. I got the mongoose mountain bike kit. I'm really excited about it. I haven't rode one yet but I can imagine it's probably a perfect vehicle for where I live. I'm so glad I found this forum, I'm sure I'm gonna need some advice.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Thanks dude. I got the 66/80cc 2 stroke motor kit. Is the chain tensioner that is on it not spring loaded? And also how does an engine this size do going up hills?

It does well going up hills from the few times I took mine out so far, I haven't gone up crazy 60 degree climbs but it'll do fine for any hilly roads you'll encounter. The stock tensioner is static, you bolt it on and try to put the wheel in a good position to tension the chain and bolt it down. For the few bucks it cost I would definitely get it.

for hills that take a toll on your engines speed n effort just pedal assist it slightly until it catches some speed. once it has momentum even on a big hill theres no stopping the engine it will just keep going. also on take of assist the bike by pedalling. it will make your clutch pads and engine parts last a very long time. The longest my engines have survived without breaking down on me (clutch pads) (rings)(bearings) is 2 years. I use my engine daily. It is my only transportation to work and to run errands all over town.

Back